PDA

View Full Version : Have a great Sunday !

Boaz
04-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Hope everyone has a great day of worship today ! Big day at our church . It's founders day . The church was started by the current pastor and others . They started out having service in a funeral home here because of not having a building of their own . Membership grew and GOD provided the way to build a church . We are small compared to many but our mission is well defined . Our work is self evident and you don't have far to go for support .
GOD is good !

Bible study . Service . Then there will be a 'feed' . The pastor pointed out the affinity toward and affection felt by fundamental Baptist for fried chicken in his announcement last week ! I spect that will be in the game plan .
Becky will have to stay after to practice a skit with the teen group . Next Sunday the youth will provide the main service .
GOD is good !
I have to get to evening service early , a security team is being organized . This will be a busy Sunday for us I pray all here will be blessed today through their prayer , praise and service to our Lord .
Thank you for just being you !
Boaz

buckwheatpaul
04-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Boaz, What a great day and a good story......it is a shame that we have to consider security at God's home....but the world is an evil place these days......I once told an old black Baptist minister who had had his church burglarized: "If I was God I would assure you that my home would always be safe and never needed to be locked....if someone came into my home to do evil when the cops got there all they would find would be 2 smoking tennis shoes where the bolt of lightening had gotten them." He laughed and asked if he could use it in a sermon....of course I gave him my blessing......Blessing to all of my Cast Boolit family!

Preacher Jim
04-18-2016, 09:33 AM
every mother chicken fears baptists cause their children get sacrificed for ministry.
sounds like you had a great day.

Boaz
04-18-2016, 10:12 AM
Great day Jim ! Bible study , Good message (preacher took advantage and went into overtime , lol) . Lots of visitors , Everyone working together , Much fellowship , much fun , good music . Good food and yea........fried chicken !

The microphone was passed and much testimony was given in praise of our Lord with testimony of spiritual healing .

A brand new baby was dedicated to the Lord with the entire congregation gathered round him and his parents holding hands .

Renewal and revival was had through fellowship , service ,prayer , praise and the reading of word .
Everyone voted to just go on and have the evening service after the meal , too much good happening to stop it .