PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 4/17

rl69
04-17-2016, 07:20 AM
The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.1 Corinthians 1:18 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Boaz
04-17-2016, 07:34 AM
The cross is the symbol most used as a reminder to all who believe as it should be . His sacrifice is symbolized by something as simple as two pieces wood nailed together . It is fitting as his lessons and example were always simple .
Thank you rl69

w5pv
04-17-2016, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the verse

Blackwater
04-17-2016, 04:54 PM
If I live to be 150, I'll never perceive all that the cross truly means to us. But the more I do come to understand about it, the more awed and humbled I am by it. In a world of cynicism and pragmatism, and the worship of money and "time," it shines like a beacon in a dark and storm-filled night, and guides the way for all who'll simply acknowledge and follow it. For those who can't or won't or don't, there is only more of the same. No wonder there is no joy in their world of empty cynicism, nihlism and worship of time and money. It's just so empty, in the end.

buckwheatpaul
04-17-2016, 05:32 PM
rl69, Thanks for the post....the cross is very powerful symbol of Jesus sacrifice to save us and Jesus obedience to God....Praise be to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit!