PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question Coming Up! - Pellets No Longer Exit Barrel?

Don L
04-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Okay, so I've got this old pellet rifle. It's been shooting fine. Then I cleaned the barrel the other day...

It was a little tough getting the cleaning rod in from the breech end (seemed odd, but it was kind of dark doing it in the garage), so I ran the rod in from the muzzle end. Cleaned 'er up and then, a few days later, decided to give if a few sight-in shots (because one of the grandkids wants to start shooting). Dog gone pellets no longer exit the barrel!

Looks like they aren't sealing (I tried 2 different makes). The pellet just stays right in the breech after firing (not even part-way down the barrel). I have another pellet gun (Webley Hurricane) and the same pellets are shooting just fine out of it, so the pellets are not the problem (they used to work in the rifle too, before I cleaned it).

I'm now wondering... There is a large rubber doughnut to seal the air chamber to the barrel, but is there perhaps also a very small one that's about the size of the barrel diameter, for the pellets to seat into? Maybe I pushed it out when cleaning the barrel, pushing the cleaning rod through from the muzzle end...

The rifle in question is a Spanish "Gammo" (example shown below):

roysha
04-16-2016, 11:15 AM
Could you get a couple of pictures of the breech area? It would indeed seem that a seal is missing, so perhaps seeing where they may be missing from, might help.

Geezer in NH
04-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Broke

victorfox
04-18-2016, 08:39 PM
These gamo rifles were very common in Brazil in the 80s. Taurus made them for gamo sometime (or they acquired the machinery can't remember) there was one with a magazine for some 15 or 20 pellets and it autoloaded it every time you cocked the action.Back to the question it's probably the seals broken either the piston or the breech o-ring. Can't remember from top of my head if they were rubber or leather.... I was a boy when they were sold and only have shot 2 or 3 of them. If you dissassemble and the gasket is leather you can recondition it with some oil (corn or peanut preferable and let it soak some time). If it's worn ***** then you can probably try your hand at homemade custom gasket. If it's rubber you can check some other models from gamo replacement parts and see which fits better. Wish I could help more but it as far as I know.