PDA

View Full Version : I need 2 Camo Humvee,s for a Fast and Furious Movie shoot in MI

reddoggm
04-14-2016, 09:38 PM
Hi all don,t know if this would be the appropriate thread to put this in But thought I would try to help someone make a some money so here we go
Just got a call from a Picture car Guy (Friend) Looking for 2 Camouflaged military style for some scenes in a Fast and Furious Movie being Filmed in Michigan You'll obviously get paid which my Friend will get You in direct contact with the Production Folks and It will be up to you to set Your Price (DONT DO IT FOR FREE) for the use of Your vehicle and get a claim to fame for Your Ride The way He was talking they are going to need these pretty Quick around May the 6th so if Your interested call Jimmy@ 216-246-9467 and Tell him Your calling from a referral from Me Reddogg about a Picture Car Humvee Jimmy should answer but just in case call me @ 216-408-2058
DOGG!!!

My apologies if I,m in the wrong place if there is such a thread

BigMagShooter
04-14-2016, 09:46 PM
better set your fee for what a new one would cost you then add 20%, odds are it will be returned to you banged up or totaled, unless you have a water tight contract.

Just ask the street rodders who had their cars in the movie Dick Tracy.

bedbugbilly
04-15-2016, 09:22 PM
And just where in Michigan is this movie being shot? Detroit? If it is and I owned Hummer, I wouldn't even drive it there let alone put it in the hands of someone I don't know. But, I guess if someone wants their Hummer in a movie - it's their business. I don't know of any Insurance carrier in MI that would be pleased with it so I'm guessing there will be no coverage and if something happens to them and you try to file a claim - good luck - you will no longer be a customer of the insurance company and they won't cover any damage.

I find it odd that if having a couple of Hummers is so important to the movie production, they either can't afford to buy them (or is it because they expect them to be banged up?) that they can't make a deal with Hummer that works both ways - the producer get's the Hummers and Hummer gets the advertising?

But then it'a amazing how some folks will let "connom sense" get clouded just for "braggin' rights".

MaryB
04-16-2016, 12:15 AM
If I had them I would make the producer file bonds equal to the replacement cost of both. At which point they may as well buy because most bond companies will say nope, pay full value for the bond.