PDA

View Full Version : Dillon customer service

ELFEGO BACA
04-14-2016, 05:30 PM
If memory serves me correctly I purchased my Dillon 550B in 1987.
I have assembled many numerous as well as different cartridges since then using my 550B.
Today I was having trouble seating primers in 6.5x55 cases.
I finally found the problem- a broken 'crank'.
I called Dillon and a new crank is coming free of charge.
What a blessing!

dudel
04-15-2016, 08:50 AM
WOW! Using the 550b as a four station swaging press? :bigsmyl2:

Dillons customer service is the best. Don't need it often; but when you do, they've always come through.

EddieNFL
04-16-2016, 02:40 PM
A lightning strike blew the switch apart on my tumbler (tumbler still worked). I emailed Dillion about buying a replacement. The reply asked for my address and a few days later one arriveed in the mail.

VHoward
04-16-2016, 05:23 PM
And that was even though Dillon does not warrant their electronic components for life. Easier to send you a new switch and have you happy than not. Happy customers come back and buy more stuff from you.

Baja_Traveler
04-16-2016, 07:53 PM
When I went into the Coast Guard my late 80's 550B sat in my moms garage for a few years while I was away and ended up all rusted out. Everything steel had a solid coating of rust, the powder measure hopper was broken and the priming tube was bent.
I figured it was a total write-off, but I called Dillon and they had me send it in - three weeks and $87 later I had a completely rebuilt as-new press. I could tell that they actually re-built the thing and simply didn't send a new one as the frame is slightly faded from years of use, but everything bolted onto that frame is brand new.
Dillon is the best, but my experiences with RCBS are not far behind...