PDA

View Full Version : 36 cal. inline

lastborn
04-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Does anyone make a 32 or 36 caliber inline muzzleloader? If so please let me know. I'm a blue steel and walnut kind of guy at heart. But this would be strictly utilitarian. I I had my druthers I would want a 32 or 36 cal. stainless steel with a fiberglass stock and ramrod. Does anyone make something like this? I have searched the net without success.
thanks

Mk42gunner
04-14-2016, 04:59 PM
I don't think so. most current inlines are more for the "I want longer deer seasons and plastic stocks" crowd.

There was a bolt action .32 made by Marathon Products. I know because I have a barreled action, I think I gave $25 for it at an auction.

Robert

mooman76
04-14-2016, 05:05 PM
I've never heard of one either. Like Mk42 said, inlines are pretty much the Deer hunters. Used ones(inlines) sell cheap and if you really want one, you could buy a used one, even with a ruined barrel and have someone reline it for you. Even sidelocks in 32 and more so 36 are kind of hard to come buy these days.

Dryball
04-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Why couldn't you make one from a Rem action or on a TC frame?

StolzerandSons
04-14-2016, 06:53 PM
I don't make a small bore inline but I can certainly convert one for you by re-lining a full size inline. Have a look at this Knight Mountaineer I did for a customer a few years ago:
http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/otherprojects.htm

koger
04-14-2016, 07:28 PM
TC made a inline, walnut stock, blue, with interchangeable barrels, came with a .50 and .32, One System or some such name.

PerpetualStudent
04-14-2016, 07:29 PM
That's pretty cool. About how much did that project cost? (if you don't mind my asking)

Nobade
04-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Yep, pretty neat project.

Knight did make a few 36 cal. rifles years ago, but you're not likely to find one for sale.

Are you looking for a ball or bullet shooter?

-Nobade

smoked turkey
04-14-2016, 09:37 PM
TC did offer a Thunderhawk in 32 cal several years ago which is an inline. It is blue and with walnut stock. I think that is what you are after.

smoked turkey
04-14-2016, 09:43 PM
I don't make a small bore inline but I can certainly convert one for you by re-lining a full size inline. Have a look at this Knight Mountaineer I did for a customer a few years ago:
http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/otherprojects.htm
StolzerandSons that is a very fine piece of work. Thanks for showing us what can be done.

StolzerandSons
04-14-2016, 10:19 PM
That's pretty cool. About how much did that project cost? (if you don't mind my asking)

I sent you a PM.

bedbugbilly
04-15-2016, 09:39 PM
I've never really been in to the "inlines" but as I've gotten older, "projects" and "new things" have a certain appeal. LOL

Pecatonica River carries an inline action - shows at $190 and ready to thread on octagon or round barrels of various sizes. I could see where a 36 cal would be a lot of fun - I enjoy shooting my 36 cal under hammer - a great caliber for tree rats and other varmints or just having fun plinking/shooting.

The link to Pecatonica's is

http://longrifles-pr.com/actions.shtml

I'm not that familiar with the cheaper inlines that are out there nor how the barrels are attached to the action on them - i.e. threaded on like a breech plug or some other method. The suggestion of picking up one with a bad barrel is not a bad idea if you could get it cheap and install a 36 cal barrel if you had one. Probably all sorts of different ways to approach it but I would think putting one together could be a fun project!

EDIT: I just took a look at the links above - that is certainly a beautiful job you did! A great straight forward approach - I'll bet your customer was tickled pink with the results!

1Hawkeye
04-16-2016, 01:22 AM
I had one of the Knight Wolverines in .36 caliber it took years to find and wasn't worth the search the best I ever got out of it was 4" at 25 yards after trying everything I could think of. Patched round ball, conicals, maxi balls various lubes & powder charges. Unless you Must have an inline I would suggest finding a T/C Cherokee or Seneca or call Deer Creek Products and get one of there under hammers. The under hammers look a little different but man will they shoot and they are easy to scope if need be.

Squeeze
04-16-2016, 09:41 AM
that .32 Colin did is mine. I also built a fast twist .36 on that Allen action. http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26443&hilit=Allen+inline+build Ive have several customs of different sizes and shapes. What are you looking to achieve? I can answer most questions. theres also a thread on MM about getting a group buy for custom inline .32, but nothing is set yet.