PDA

View Full Version : Uhoh another cz...cz455fs 22lr

odfairfaxsub
04-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Picked up a used 455 full stock.

Pretty nice used gun. Dry patched the barrel and shot about 50 cci mini mag hp through it at 40 yards open sight. Avg between 3/4 and 1 inch. Not as tight as my
452 lux but I didn't expect it to shoot like a long barreled rifle.

i don't think I'm a big fan of these cci mini mags as the lube is either perfectly sprayed or over sprayed to the point of filling up the hollow point cavity maybe causing my groups to be larger than they have to

seemed like there was a flyer each 5 shot group. You'd look and there would be a decent cluster of sorts then a flyer. Not sure if that's the first shot or a cci waxy mc waxerson.

will try to report about how it does w federal auto match here soon

Mica_Hiebert
04-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Cci ammo the wax is not sprayed the bullets are dipped into a tray of molten wax. High velocity stuff isn't inherently accurate try to get ahold of some cci standard velocity.

odfairfaxsub
04-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Ok. Just tried auto match today at the 40 yards.

Instant improvement!!! Right off the bat everything shrunk up 1/8-1/4 group. After shooting 50 rounds my avg was 1/2-3/4 inch. Very happy w that

victorfox
04-27-2016, 06:51 PM
Very nice... All talking and no show? Where are the rifle pics? I came here just to see it as I have a weak spot on mannlicher style full stock.... Thanks!

odfairfaxsub
04-28-2016, 10:43 AM
Lol I'll get some Picts, took the gun out the other day and if I remember correctly the best I could do was 1 inch the entire day. I'm really investigating what rings I need to get to clear my bolt handle.

victorfox
04-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Thanks sir. Now we're talking! :^)
If you want to extract the best accuracy from your .22 go the subsonic route. Never got a HV or hyper to group well. These I keep for emergencial defense (if somehow I only have the .22 around or whatever) and pest dispatching. With std stuff things get lot nicer and with so called here match ammo I start to see ragged holes. Best.

blixen
04-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Those CZ .22s can shoot! I used my trainer in Silhouette matches. The only modification was a new sear to get rid of the tiniest trigger creep. I found that Wolf ammo shoots the best with mine, followed by several subsonic loads, including Eley.

That rifle is the standard I use to judge other .22s. The only ones to come close were a Russian straight pull target rifle, a Marlin Mod. 60 semi-auto and, believe it or not, a Henry pump. But the triggers on the last two are ****, of course.

victorfox
04-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Love them CZs! If I could I'd have a fs 550 308 or 30-06, a 557 either caliber and a 455 fs lux. Not only they shoot, the look good! I'm constantly talking the store guy on those CZ posters he has, since the rifles aren't affordable here to me (at least until I win the lottery LOL). The 75b and its variants are also objects of desire... But I suffer from lack of funds.

bichettereds
04-30-2016, 07:30 PM
CZs are absolutely addicting. I think I've had about a half dozen 452/455s, still have my 527 Varmint in .223, and they're 75 variants are probably my favorite 9mm handguns Ive ever shot.

odfairfaxsub
05-15-2016, 07:56 PM
I scoped it w bkl rings and a Nikon bdc 2-7x32....easier to see my bullseye but nearly same groups until I got warmed up. It's a 1/2 in gun now. Really want to get some standard velocity stuff to try

Mauser48
05-16-2016, 12:01 AM
Get some sk standard ammo.

odfairfaxsub
05-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Well I just adjusted my trigger spring nut down and it feels close to perfect. Wonder if this will make me shoot better w it. Prior to adjusting it the trigger would pull down to a stopping point then it would break...seems like now you move it slightly and it breaks as well as my 452 trainer.

bichettereds
05-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Get some sk standard ammo.

+1

Or some Wolf MT (same stuff). If you find a good lot it'll shoot as good as the premium Lapua/Eley. And for what people are paying for bulk .22lr, you might as well get some SK/Wolf.

Doesnt do too great in cold weather for me though.