PDA

View Full Version : PC will ruin barrels (a fairy tale of two cities)

Walter Laich
04-11-2016, 10:58 AM
I have found if you even so much as fire one! pc bullet all the rifling will be stripped out; at 50 shots the barrel I.D. will start getting larger and can easily go from a .22 size all the way to .50 caliber if the barrel is thick enough.

Prolonged exposure will cause all your hair to fall out (if you had any before) and you will grow a big wart on the tip of your nose.

You will be audited by the IRS, investigated by the FBI and monitored by the NSA.

Passing children will laugh at you and "good folks" will cross to the other side of the street on your approach.

Your yard will be invaded by moles and locusts will devour your crops, gardens and flowers.

And this is all true cause I saw in on the internet (thank you Al Gore)

Mica_Hiebert
04-11-2016, 11:22 AM
True story! It happened to my cousins ex girlfriends new husband's father.

runfiverun
04-11-2016, 11:50 AM
woo hoo.
I have a 243 I want to make into a 7-08 anybody think 10 shots is enough.
does anybody have 10- 6mm boolits coated with PC they wanna dedicate to the cause?

shoot I didn't see the part about the big wart.... never mind.

Epd230
04-11-2016, 12:00 PM
I heard that shooting pc boolits will make you vote democrat!

Ural Driver
04-11-2016, 12:03 PM
I heard that shooting pc boolits will make you vote democrat!

Now that is just silly. Anybody who is smart enough to do the powder coating thing would never do anything that stooooopid.....:takinWiz:

OS OK
04-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Walt, wait till you see what Team Termath has done in 'powder coated bullets pics only' (p.17) thread to the PC'd boolit…"No telling what will happen to the barrels next!"

charlie

Smoke4320
04-11-2016, 12:32 PM
PC will definitely cause all your and your childrens babies to be born naked .. I seen it with my on eyes

RP
04-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Naked babies tell its not true is the world flat again running back to my cave.

Garyshome
04-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Yep no more mister nice guy!

Spector
04-11-2016, 09:57 PM
I really wanted to respond to those questioning if PC causes barrel damage, but I couldn't figure out how to do it without making someone mad. Well you guys figured out a response and all I could do is grin.

Early primary voting started in Indiana last week. PC does not make Hoosiers vote democrat. At least not this Hoosier.

Mike

RP
04-11-2016, 11:20 PM
This kind of goes hand in hand with those fellows that buy a new rifle or pistol and never shoot it thinking NIB makes it worth so much more, My ? is how do you know if it even shoots or how good it shoots. If your going to buy it to let it stay in the box why buy it and if you never shoot it you never wear out the barrel. Heck I even test all my matches before I go camping to make sure they work in case my lighter fails, never can be to careful.

Beagle333
04-12-2016, 04:59 AM
Heck I even test all my matches before I go camping to make sure they work in case my lighter fails, never can be to careful.

You'll want to test all of your emergency equipment as well. You don't want to get stuck with a dead glow stick, flare or smoke grenade. 'Better test em while you're striking matches with the other hand. :wink:[smilie=1:

Goatwhiskers
04-12-2016, 07:48 AM
My Hornet is already up to .30 caliber. Expanding the cases ain't so bad, but that reverse taper case is tricky to chamber and extract. GW

LenH
04-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Walter, you left out that it will put hair on the palm of your hand. And if you shoot to many you may go blind.

LenH

vrh
04-12-2016, 09:48 AM
I always had a hunch that it would wear your barrel out fast and also gives you an enormous amount of gas. Thoughts of voting democrat would be the final straw.

Smoke4320
04-12-2016, 09:58 AM
I spilled 2 oz of PC on a box of grid squares before I could get it dusted off the box turned into drafting paper ... TOTALLY RUINED

Smoke4320
04-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Also had and repeat HAD a dimwitted helper here in the shop needed to grease my chrome plated double clutching pipe stretcher.. He had heard me tell some folks that PC acted like a lube on lead bullets .. well he proceeded to LUBE my stretcher with PC .. now it just slips and slips .. Again TOTALLY RUINED !!!!

alamogunr
04-12-2016, 12:02 PM
I've never shot a single PC boolit yet my yard is eaten up with moles. Just a little balance. Everything can't be blamed on powder coating.:bigsmyl2:

Walter Laich
04-12-2016, 01:06 PM
I always had a hunch that it would wear your barrel out fast and also gives you an enormous amount of gas. Thoughts of voting democrat would be the final straw.

I have gas but it could be the beans I ate last night.

jimb16
04-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Guys...how do I get rid of all the moles? I live in a residential area and besides, my 8mm is now a .410!

bangerjim
04-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Battery-powered mole thumpers. And guillotine spike traps you put over their tunnel mounds. Not guns.

Fought danged moles in Michigan for several years B4 I learned those 2 tricks.

Thumpers will drive them to your neighbor's yard! ( [smilie=l: ) And the traps impale them as they move thru their tunnels.

If you still feel like you MUST shoot them, hang the dead impaled carcasses from the clothes-line and have at it.

The only good mole is a dead mole.....in one piece or many.

banger

jimb16
04-13-2016, 04:45 PM
You are probably right. The neighbors wouldn't like the bouncing boolits. Or maybe I could just stop PCing my boolits.

Friar_Tuck
04-13-2016, 06:54 PM
Perfect!
I have been drooling over a 50 cal rifle at the shop here.
Won't need to buy it, just shoot my PC boolits in my 223 for a while!
Thanks

NYBushBro
04-18-2016, 04:24 PM

... and here I thought it was the beer and pickled eggs!