PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 4/11

rl69
04-11-2016, 06:41 AM
He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.1 Peter 2:24 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Boaz
04-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Many ministry's now only present Jesus as the lamb of peace avoiding the fact that he was also a sacrificial lamb offered by his father that we might achieve salvation . They don't speak of his suffering and price paid for our sins , his death on the cross . We must never forget his blood was shed for us because of his love for us .

buckwheatpaul
04-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Thank You God for keeping Your promise! Thank You Jesus for the ultimate sacrifice! Thank you rl69 for the post.....Paul

Blackwater
04-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Amen to all! Such a poignant post! Thanks!

Christ wouldn't have HAD to die on that cross had it not been for US, and OUR sins! So in a way, we ALL crucified Him, really, even though we weren't there when it happened. What could be more humbling than THAT! God the Father created us, and tried to teach us, but we were willful and couldn't or wouldn't follow what He tried to teach us. That made His Son's sacrifice necessary IF we were to remain here. I don't think I can ever really realize just how much Love that act involved. My mind is to finite and limited to really conceive of that much Love in the entire universe. I surely don't see it in us humans! But when we see even the smallest example of real love, it always touches our own hearts. Truly, when they call God "supernatural," they say more than we can probably realize. And I for one am so very glad and humbled by that! Truly, our God is an awesome God, so awesome that we probably don't really have a word big enough to describe it. But we believers always feel compelled to try. It's simply our duty to pay our due homage to Him. All praise to God who made us, and then redeemed us from our own sins. Thank you Lord! Thank you.