PDA

View Full Version : Powder flask screws

Gunor
04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Anyone know the size of the little screws that hold the top on 'Italian' powder flasks?

Missing a few on a few flasks.

metric and small....probably not one single thread...2.5 or 3.0 mm

thanks

Mk42gunner
04-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Don't know, other than very small.

I would take the top of one of the flasks to a good hardware store and look through the selection of bolts an screws.

Robert

Hellgate
04-11-2016, 12:19 AM
You might want to contact Track of the Wolf. They sell a lot of parts and kits for making powder horns so they might have screws.

bedbugbilly
04-11-2016, 11:44 AM
T of the Wolf may have what you need but I don't think I've ever seen them listed - may be wrong.

Those little screws are mighty small and it's one thing that many people never check on their flasks to see if they are tight or not. The trip to the hardware is a good suggestion. If you can't find what you need, then consider looking for a very small round head screw with threads on it like a sheet metal screw. You might have to enlarge the hole in the flask head but in essence, the flask body is much like "sheet metal". I have owned several original flasks which were repaired in this manner sometime in the past. If you end up going that way, then I'd try to find them in brass and not steel. Another place to look might be an instrument repair shop, watch repair shop or a marina where brass fasteners are commonly used on boats. Good luck!

bubba.50
04-11-2016, 12:37 PM
junk electronics can be a surprizin' source for small oddball screws.