PDA

View Full Version : Is this where the Hollywood line came from ?

Digger
04-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Came across this while reading an old manual .." The complete guide to Handloading" by Phillip B. Sharpe. 1937, wow ! , talk about detail .
Caught a picture of various tools on a bench , one of which is a "universal" , as I have a Hollywood universal on my bench, along with a senior.
... Love it , 1937 !
Please correct me if I am wrong here but from what I understand the gentleman that started the Hollywood line bought the rights to the Universal to begin with ?

LUBEDUDE
04-11-2016, 03:05 PM
You are correct sir. There is a 1935 patent by Siebert and King, the inventors I believe.

Lyle Corcoran bought the rights. I'm not sure if he bought any machinery or the "whole company" besides the molds, if there was a formal company. Maybe Pressman, TracVison or HGS can answer that. I am pretty ignorant about the original Siebert Universals.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160411/f1a03758622d769855e2814a2630c111.jpg
Left to right:
Automatic Shotshell, Model B Universal reinforced/straightback, Model B Universal wasp-waist/swayback, Senior first model "baldy", Metallic Automatic Progressive, Automatic Shotshell Plastic Wad version.

Digger
04-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Beautiful set up there LUBDUDE ! .. with the fireplace background even ..
and thanks for the informative breakdown on each piece .
Also thanks for the bit of confirmation on the beginnings of the Hollywood line , appreciate it much.