PDA

View Full Version : A different sort of lead mold....

HTRN
10-20-2005, 07:52 PM
http://home.xnet.com/~rcallen/patent/hammermold.jpg

Buckshot in particular might be interested in getting one as he has the ability to turn handles on a lathe.

I spent part of yesterday recasting a couple of lead hammers. The good thing about the mold is when they're finally beaten beyond use, you simply melt it off and recast it.

Last I looked, Brownell's sells hammer molds and handles.

HTRN

Buckshot
10-21-2005, 01:51 AM
.............HTRN, thanks for jogging my memory. I had picked up a 2x1x2" copper T to use as a mould to make a lead hammerhead mould. Good for all kinds of things but mainly bashing on Morse Tapers, drawbars, 5C spindle adaptors, etc!

................Buckshot

HTRN
10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I looked and the 32oz mold is $39.45 from Brownell's "retail" - their dealer price I can't find.

HTRN

Bret4207
10-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Dealer price is a super secret and we're not to let anyone know about looking at the numbers down at thew bottom of the description in italics. I really should get one of those outfits, but jeeze I'm cheap.

HTRN
10-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Yah, I know about the funky code brownell's uses for they're dealer price - a former boss used to order stuff from them all the time and he got the discount, I used to order stuff from them, pay with my credit card, and told 'em to ship to the shop addy so I could get the discount as well.

Even after I stopped working there and started having stuff shipped to my home address, for a coupla years, they still gave me the discount - the computer musta finally figured out something wasn't kosher and I went back to paying retail. Se le guerre.

By the way, the Manufacturer is Cook's hammer company, and they have a website, but it oddly doesn't list hammer molds.

HTRN