PDA

View Full Version : Blessings

rl69
04-10-2016, 08:38 AM
Exponential Blessings

Dear Chris,

"Well done, my good servant!" his master replied. "Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities." Luke 19:17

I love serving God. And if we've been faithful in earthly service, ourresponsibility in heaven will increase proportionately. No, I take that back. It won't be increased in proportion. God is too generous for that. Our service will increase completely out of proportion. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to read the formula Jesus gives in His heaven parable in Luke 19:17.

In fact, read it again. Ten cities? In exchange for faithfulness in a very small matter? Not just small, but very small? Whoa! When it comes to blessing us, Jesus goes beyond basic math and blows the lid off of calculus. Those who are faithful on this earth in a few minor things will have the pleasure and privilege of being put in charge over multitudinous matters. Are you faithful in your marriage or a mission? Even if only in a small way? God is already thinking exponentially, as in His "ten cities" equation. He will generously raise your capacity for service (and thus joy) to the 'nth' degree. The more faithful you are in this life, the more responsibility you will be given in the life to come.

If such large responsibility frightens you, don't panic. He will fit you for your heavenly task. And are you worried about getting tired? Would you rather heaven be a place of rest? It will! "There remains... a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work..." (Hebrews 4:9-10). In heaven your service will be utterly serene. You will be busier than ever, yet completely at peace. Perfectly active, yet eternally at rest.

Help me to be faithful in the small but important matters You've entrusted to me. And thank You, in advance, for recognizing my humble service on earth.

Blessings,
Joni

I don't know who wrought this I stole it from another forum I hope you enjoy it as much as I did

w5pv
04-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Thanks and God bless

Blackwater
04-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Awesome post, RL. Thanks! We Christians often lose our perspective, and see divine things only in earthly terms and proportions. I think your post, wherever it came from, really puts our eyes on a bit higher plane, where they should be. Thanks! After all, our footsteps always follow where our eyes are focused, and if we focus too singularly on our own finite world, we tend to lose sight of the higher things that we're supposed to be thinking of, and letting them guide our footsteps, and what our hands and tongues do. Cynicism is everywhere now, and being human, we all too often fall prey to what's all around us rather than keeping our focus where it ought to be. In a way, it's a defensive mechanism that seems to be bred into us pretty universally, but we were put here to rise above our natural tendencies, weren't we? Your post kind'a puts that in a much cleared perspective.

Boaz
04-11-2016, 06:33 AM
You did well selecting this one .

buckwheatpaul
04-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Thought provoking and true.....thanks....Paul

square butte
04-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Nice reminder - Thanks