PDA

View Full Version : Prochrono chronograph mods

cheese1566
04-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Just bought a used Prochrono chronograph.

I have used a Chrony F1 for years so using one isnt new.

I see factory options for laptop and Bluetooth connections for additional output.

Is there any other USER mods one can do for output to a computer or additional screen?

EddieNFL
04-10-2016, 07:51 AM
I use one with Bluetooth. I just throw my small tablet in bag. It will connect to a Bluetooth capable computer, but I'm too lazy to lug my laptop to the range.

Not sure what your goal is, but if you're looking to get the data to your desktop, that's a simple process. There are several was to send the info including email.

OS OK
04-10-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm kinda old chrony works fine why bother type, can do my own math…But, after using one at a friends range and seeing what info they give I was amazed…that sorta won me over. As soon as I manage to shoot mine I'm going that route also.

OS OK

cheese1566
04-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Just curious if anyone had used the output with a homebuilt system. Pretty crafty guys here.

Lars-K
04-14-2016, 04:31 PM
There is a few mods at Brian Enos forum.
You can find them here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=176086

cheese1566
04-14-2016, 06:42 PM
I saw those. I am not a member, so I cannot open the pdf on the wired hookup. I read the Bluetooth notes and saw it wasn't really any cheaper (or worth the effort) to buy the Bluetooth unit outright. I do see they were built and the info was developed before factory models were developed .

I was was wondering if I could get by with a generic usb/3.5mm jack and a stereo cable to connect to a computer?
Or if the factory usb connector was more of a dongle and has software and drivers embedded in it.

Weber
04-15-2016, 07:40 PM
The Bluetooth adapter works great, if you have a smart phone or a tablet it's a good investment.

Boosted98gsx
04-19-2016, 08:17 AM
I used their laptop kit for a while, and glad they finally came out with the bluetooth adapter so I don't have to haul around a full computer now. My only complaint is on the phone software, it doesn't allow you to do a "file structure" sorting system for your strings. Say, putting all your strings under a folder for that specific rifle, rather than having to label everything with tons of information to aid in sorting through tons of data strings.