PDA

View Full Version : Up date and heads up.

Hickok
04-09-2016, 11:32 AM
I have expressed my appreciation to all who have extended their care, prayers, and contributions to my family. Words cannot suffice to say what it has meant to me and my wife. Due to the circumstances of my son's passing, many bills were pending, and payments to be made, and I have been a layed off coal miner for 6 months, but my wife has a good job, and the Lord has provided for us. Thankfully to God above, and to you folks who saw it in your hearts to help, we are going to be able to handle the situation.

We have picked out a marker for my son, and with what my son Andy had in savings, I am confident we will be able to pay off all his expenses. I may not meet many of you on this side of the river, but I will surely know you when we cross over to be with our Lord. My son Andy will be there to thank you all too! Hard to hold back the tears right now.

I want everyone to know, that not one penny of the help you have given us has been used by me or my wife for personal gain or our own finances. All help went for my son's benefit. On this you can trust my word.

I really want to get back into posting questions, comments, and answers about our hobbies, as it is a great enjoyment to me to converse with you all about casting/shooting. So please don't think that when I post about any firearms, molds, casting, etc, that any of the contributions/money I received has in any way been used inappropriately or for self gain, God forbid such a thing!

I have a lot of shooting/casting projects I have been working on, layed back, setting unfinished, or just waiting to be completed. My AR barrel in 7.62x 40 is one such project. Upper/barrel is together, and some progress is being made. Will need advice from some of our AR guru's on a few things!

God Bless you all! Ken

Just wanted to say all this, as I am trying to move ahead and get back into things.

You folks are the greatest!

BUCKEYE BANDIT
04-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Can't think of a better way to honor your son.Loading room is where I go to reflect(unless I'm charging cases)[smilie=l:.
Think of you nearly every morning Hickok,and have never meet you.

Boaz
04-09-2016, 12:08 PM
No one here questions you Hickok . It our prayer that you do get back to your usual routine as much as possible and as quick as your are able . I have prayed that many times , we have shared your pain as should be for a brother in Christ . We share you grief , we are here to support and be there for you . I still pray for you , will keep praying . Thank you for being the man you are .

trails4u
04-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Ken; I agree with Bandit...to honor your son is to keep doing the things you and your family enjoy. I can't speak for everyone, but I think many will agree that the support offered here was intended you help you in a time of need, whatever that may look like. The goal is to help in your healing...not just to pay some bills. Heck, I'd love it if you had the opportunity to get away and spend some time 'away from it'...maybe a nice dinner out with the wife...maybe a night away to a place that's special to you. That's not about personal gain....that's about you having the opportunities and space to grieve and to begin the process of healing.

God Speed, brother.
Chris.

Preacher Jim
04-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Ken all is in Jesus hands, now pick up the hobby and let us leave this to memories. The great times will bring smiles back to your face everytime you do something you did with your son. The joyful times will over shadow the sorrows and healing will continue the rest of your days. But the memories with Jesus help will be of pleasant times. We love you all

WILCO
04-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the update Ken.

Keep moving forward. Your friends here have you in prayer.

Hickok
04-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Indeed, the support was indeed a blessing and lifting of my spirit!

So thankful to have all of you!

jmort
04-09-2016, 01:58 PM
We are blessed to have you here Brother. Appreciate the update.

WRideout
04-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Sorry about your son; no one should have to go through that. Grief is the other side of love. Your son is with Christ and is at peace.

Wayne

USMC87
04-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Hello Ken, You do not owe anybody here an explanation for their contributions. If anybody gave as God showed them then that is an offering to GOD and to honor Him in helping you. I can see where you would feel that some people may think that but be it far from any of us, We pray for you and your family and are all so happy to help any way we can. Keep pressing on and know we are here any time you need us!