PDA

View Full Version : New smart scopes?

AbitNutz
04-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Has anyone seen the ATN X-sight II? I saw a Shot Show video that talked about it. This thing is a combination of a rifle scope, HD video camera with night vision. It has WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. What it doesn't have is a silly price. A 5-20x retails for $699. It looks like an amazing toy.

Now we can all record those incredible shots we almost made....

AbitNutz
04-08-2016, 01:21 PM
I've decided to eat my own dog food and ordered one of these. It won't ship for a while because there aren't any. I also, against my better judgment, ordered from Optics Planet because they actually had a 5% off coupon that worked. I've had good but sometimes scary experiences with O/P. I'll let you all know if this gizmo is worth something or just another gizmo...however, I love gizmo's.

Artful
04-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Tools and Gizmo's - it's a man thing I guess

Smoke4320
04-08-2016, 02:41 PM
I know the original X sight model had some problems in the beginning .. several software updates later most people were happy for the price
Hoping this one will be right when released

Ballistics in Scotland
04-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Fish and Game departments ought to be able to build a lot of career-building new rules on this.

How will you feel carrying it about when some of the twiddly bits are broken down out of warranty, and all it will do is point a rifle?

RPRNY
04-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Fish and Game departments ought to be able to build a lot of career-building new rules on this.

How will you feel carrying it about when some of the twiddly bits are broken down out of warranty, and all it will do is point a rifle?

But it's got WI-FI. It's like...it goes to 11.

AbitNutz
04-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Meh? I'm a computer engineer...all things electronic have a certain useful life. They're essentially un-repairable...think of it less as a scope and more of an Ipad.