PDA

View Full Version : Verse of the day 4/7

rl69
04-07-2016, 06:45 AM
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.Galatians 2:20 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

Boaz
04-07-2016, 07:37 AM
A good verse , to be practiced every day !

Blackwater
04-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Wow! What a powerful verse and thought! And we "moderns" can only aspire to that kind of faith. I lack it, quite honestly. I'm too willful and passionate. The only solace I can find is in the fact that God loved some awfully passionate and flawed people, like Kings David and Solomon. Maybe He loves us because when we turn our passions toward Him, we can do such good? Passionate people are also, though, subject to waywardness at times, when they forget or abandon their faith for the sake of something they are passionate about and know is NOT good for them. We all have our weaknesses, and Lucifer knows them well, and will do all he can in every way he can to use them against us. And sometimes, we make that easy for him. That's when God HAS to do something to retrieve us, and thank God He does! Sometimes, I think of belief and believers as being not unlike those dog leashes that roll up or release at the will of the dog handler. Sometimes we stretch our leash to far, but our loving God does all he can to rein us back in. As long as we have a free will, we CAN break away totally, and become lost again, but that's not a very regular thing, or so at least it seems to me.

I also remember G. K. Chesterton's comments that Christianity has NEVER been found wanting, it's merely been found difficult and left untried. An awful lot of truth in there! In the protestant wing of believers, the profession of faith is just the beginning, and is really the easiest part. Displaying and putting our faith and belief to use is the hard part. May we learn to do it better, is my prayer for the day.

Thanks for a great post, RL.