PDA

View Full Version : midway brass

abunaitoo
04-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Remember way back, when midway was a good company, they would have brass with a midway head stamp????
I found some.
Kind of neat.
I understand that they would also custom head stamp brass for a price.
Any old timers ever had them made??????

PaulG67
04-06-2016, 07:59 PM
I have never bought any but have picked up a few at the range.

runfiverun
04-06-2016, 09:10 PM
I have some scattered here and there through my brass piles.

I'd hang on to them from all the talk on the street recently word has it Midway doesn't even carry rem/Winchester brass anymore.

Elkins45
04-07-2016, 12:05 PM
I remember ordering 500 in 45acp and 500 in 357 magnum back in the late 80's. I still have most of them, and there are still 100 of the 357 all shiny and new in a bag just in case I ever need to load up some sort of high-performance load in new brass.

The quality was excellent--I'm guessing they were Starline.

rr2241tx
04-07-2016, 12:38 PM
I just got notification from Midway that every Remington or Winchester case I had on my notification list was being discontinued from a zero stock status. Whether that reflects Midway's business policy or the manufacturers' is not addressed. Either way, it is bad news.

WILCO
04-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Remember way back, when midway was a good company...

When did Midway USA become a "Bad" company?
I like Larry and I vote with my wallet.
Really enjoy the fact that he's created jobs and still keeps others gainfully employed.
Bad folks don't do that.

Rant off.

flint45
04-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Yeah just load sume .357 mag. Midway brass the other dayand was thinking about that Midway in my humble opinon is avery good co.things change in business sometimes good sumtimes badthat is just the way things work.

RogerDat
04-08-2016, 11:40 AM
I just got notification from Midway that every Remington or Winchester case I had on my notification list was being discontinued from a zero stock status. Whether that reflects Midway's business policy or the manufacturers' is not addressed. Either way, it is bad news.

Is it possible the quantity has been changed? Have heard of people getting those notices because the package size changes. You are on a wait list of 250 case pack and manufacturer decides to only sell 100 or 500 or 1000 quantities. Or makes some other change that causes the system to delete the SKU product code for the item you are waiting on.

Computers are literal, if product with code of 123AB-C is deleted from database because manufacturer is now shipping that product as 123AB-D the process of deleting the original item would probably trigger the emails to everyone waiting for 123AB-C. Probably worth a search of the site to confirm they no longer carry that brass in a different package etc. Because a quick look shows they still carry about 15 calibers of pistol brass in Remington and Winchester. Some rifle from those two brands also.

fryboy
04-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Well ...we know it's not a "demand" issue therefore that only leaves "supply" ....

abunaitoo
04-08-2016, 05:28 PM
I used to buy a lots from them back before USPS flat rate.
Shipping price was great.
Flat rate came out and their shipping rates doubled. Prices started to go up. Most same as other places.
They refused to send USPS flat rate. Potterfield told me the computer is not set up to do it.
Few years ago the started shipping USPS flat rate. Prices same or higher that other places.
Now if they send flat rate to us, there is a $10 service charge. All of their prices higher than most others.
Most of us no longer buy from them, unless it's something only they have.

Markbo
04-09-2016, 09:02 AM
"...computer is not set up to do it..."

That is the biggest load of horse hockey Ive ever heard. MAKE the computer set up to do it! They only do what you tell them to do so ol' Larry must not want the computer to do it!!!

w5pv
04-09-2016, 10:51 AM
For the most part I trade with ole Potterfied even if he is a tad higher than else where.I have always had great results trading with him.

toallmy
04-09-2016, 11:10 AM
It's worth a buck hear and there ( to me ) for a good company with a fair return policy , though I feel something occasionally on the shipping , but a lot of companies are much worse on the shipping . I ordered springs from Springfield a while back and the price was fine , but like 15 bucks for shipping . That was for replacement springs in a 1911 . A lot of joy and knowledge came from the master catalog that use to send me . I like midway .

Ken in Iowa
04-09-2016, 01:58 PM
"...computer is not set up to do it..."

That is the biggest load of horse hockey Ive ever heard. MAKE the computer set up to do it! They only do what you tell them to do so ol' Larry must not want the computer to do it!!!

I beg to differ. The cost of programming is the hurdle.

mac60
04-10-2016, 12:31 PM
These came from Midway (late 80's).

There were others - .45 acp with COOPER headstamp is one I remember. At one time you could get them headstamped however you wanted (with minimum order) - "boutique brass" was the term I believe. I forget who it was that offered this service. Same thing with shotshell hulls - if you ordered enough of them, you could get custom printing on the hull.

Stewbaby
04-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Thanks for posting, didn't know they'd had their own headstamped brass

BigMagShooter
04-10-2016, 07:46 PM
cool, i'd like to see some with the midway stamp