PDA

View Full Version : Becky plays !

Boaz
04-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Sunday we went to church and cooked all day till time for evening service . Had to deliver the food to folks and squeeze in this short video we wanted to do for ya'll . The Lord in his infinite wisdom waited to raise the wind level till Becky got through so my playing wouldn't affect you in a negative way .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdCrVHq1ZwA

shoot-n-lead
04-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Thanks...very good and I liked the little duck, in the background.

Boaz
04-05-2016, 11:20 PM
lol , Yea , got a mud hen in there !

smokeywolf
04-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Boaz, please convey to your lovely and talented daughter, my appreciation for her music. I have two mid-teen sons who play an assortment of instruments and listening to their music always gives a spiritual lift.

I look forward to hearing my son's sons or daughters play music for me.

Rustyleee
04-06-2016, 12:54 AM
Nothing soothes the soul like good music. Thank you Boaz and Becky.

WILCO
04-06-2016, 01:05 AM
Loved it! Thanks for sharing!

P.S.

Piece of cloth, placed over microphone, blocks out wind noise. Hahahahha! Ask me how I know.

BUCKEYE BANDIT
04-06-2016, 05:13 AM
Thanks Becky.
Keep a close eye on Dad for us.

USMC87
04-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Excellent, The scene with the beautiful playing was so relaxing.

Teddy (punchie)
04-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Just a beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Nice and soft like sounds of nature.

I'm not one for all the up beat heavy bass music. Like to hear more then bass in a song, voices and other instruments. Not all songs need to have thunder in them.

w5pv
04-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Tell that old man to deflate his chest,I know he is very proud of you.Well done Becky,God Bless you and Boaz

jmort
04-06-2016, 10:03 AM
Love to hear that song. What a great young lady you have been blessed with. Correct me if I am wrong, but is she not your grand daughter? Regardless, what a blessing she is.

Boaz
04-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Love to hear that song. What a great young lady you have been blessed with. Correct me if I am wrong, but is she not your grand daughter? Regardless, what a blessing she is.

jmort your pretty close ! She is my daughter . LOL , your not the fist to make that mistake! I actually had to think about having a child later in life and decided to , I have never regretted that decision . I had some experience though , my dad was 51 years old when I was born . He was 70 when I finished high school , I never found a downside to having an older father.
Having that experience prepped me to give it a chance myself . I have never looked back , she has been one of GOD's greatest blessing in my life . I was 47 when I got her , I'm always telling her I love her TOO much ! I miss buying her cute dresses , carrying her around , showing her how to count and write her name , simple things . Next year she will be 18 , an adult ............where did the time go ?
She has made all A's except for one B this year , taking duel credit college courses . In band , many activity's ,active in church, Loves GOD . I'm satisfied !

Blackwater
04-06-2016, 05:30 PM
There's really something hauntingly beautiful about a flute, and my thanks to Becky for a great job. I love a good harmonica, too, and I'm really sorry the wind drowned most of it out. Wish I could play one, but I've never quite gotten the hand of it. And now, with neuropathy hitting my hands, guitar is even worse than ever. I don't know what particular sin I committed that made the Lord figure He'd let me know good music, and how to make it, but not be able to execute it myself, but whatever it was, I am truly sorry for it. Music doth have, indeed, the power to soothe the savage beast in all of us.

Hickok
04-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Boaz, the wife and I both listened to Becky and greatly enjoyed the music. Tell Miss Becky thanks!

Boaz
04-06-2016, 10:03 PM
I thank you all for your praise !

buckwheatpaul
04-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Absolutely breathtaking. Thanks....Paul

Blackwater
04-07-2016, 04:31 PM
One other thing I've thought of, is I've never, to my knowledge, heard a flute played when it didn't cause a hush over the whole crowd there. I think there's some sort of "magic" in some instruments, and the flute is one of them. Its haunting sounds will always mesmerize me. Thanks once more. Really enjoyed it.

Boaz
04-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Thanks guys! I enjoy playing my flute in church and have received many comments about it. I enjoy playing by myself and with the band in school. The first instrument I picked up when we went to see what instrument we wanted to play was the flute, and I did not even pick up another instrument because I was perfectly happy with my flute. Also my dad wanted me to play something that I could play by myself and later on in life. In other words... not the tuba. That song is one of my favorites to play other than "The Old Rugged Cross." I appreciate all of the support I have received from ya'll and I hope ya'll have a wonderful rest of your day!