PDA

View Full Version : Made some 9x18 Makarov brass today.

websterz
04-05-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm going to be making up some light loads for my wife who is a little recoil shy. I ran 200 9mm Luger cases through one of my Loadmasters and belled the case mouths. Then I ran them through the Lyman Universal case trimmer to cut them down a millimeter. Then they all went back through the LM with the 9x18 FCD to remove the remaining bell before they all made a trip across the Lyman prep station. Tomorrow I'll chuck each case up in the lathe and cut a ring through the headstamp to make them easy to ID. All in all a pretty good day's work I think. Yesterday I tried out my new Lee 95 grain .365 round nose mold. I cast about 300 boolits that I'll powder coat in the next few days. I think I'll make 'em pink. :-D

Lagamor
04-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Like the idea about a ring on the brass. Like that a lot.
Cast Mak myself, for a P64. It's a fun gun.

nitrohog
04-05-2016, 11:07 PM
You're making me wonder if I'm missing a few steps when I'm making mak brass. All I have ever done is run the 9mm brass through the mak sizing die, trim it, bell it, and load like normal. I've had excellence accuracy out of my cz82 and it's great cheap fun to boot!

9.3X62AL
04-06-2016, 12:38 AM
I got into the Mak Attack game when they first came onshore with the Fall of the Wall. Mine is an East German variant, kind of a PP on steroids. My brass-making was much like Nitrohog's process--RCBS die set, Forster trimmer, fired R-P 9mm Luger cases, RCBS 100 grain RN mould and .365" LAM die. Purina Mak Chow. Yet another EXCELLENT carry pistol disallowed by my shop in the follow-on to HR 218. A walk through the ocean of our County Counsel's courage would scarcely soak your ankles.