PDA

View Full Version : ESPC Workspace Setup

jwber
04-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm interested in seeing the work space setup of people to ESPC.

I was using one of the Craftsman guns before it broke into several pieces and it still charged the powder...I picked up the HF Gun a few days ago and used it for the first time yesterday. With the additional hoses/wires and having to have access to the pedal I realized my old setup wasn't going to work very well. I was having troubles spraying all the way around (mainly issues with bottom edges not getting fully covered) and kept having to pickup the pedal, move it around, giant hassle.

Currently I have a narrow piece of plywood set on 2 saw horses in the middle of my garage. I was thinking something like a lazy susan type device where I could ground one corner, have enough slack to turn it 90*. Un ground and re clip to do the rest.

RP
04-04-2016, 08:49 PM
You Sir answered your own ? a lazy susan is the answer for the most part. I use a roll cast with my equipment all sitting on the second shelf along with powder and trays. My gun sits nicely between the handle and top shelf when not in use. I too get tried of chasing the foot control around so its taped off to the leg with just enough slack to set on the floor when in use and back on the cart when I am done. When I am done spraying I roll it out of the shop and blow everything off with the air hose. Only change I am thinking of making is if I move into my other shop I will has a spray station with a hood to remove the dust thinking of a down draft model and if you do not want to vent outdoors you can use a water filter to catch the overspray.

Beagle333
04-04-2016, 09:23 PM
I know it's fancier than most of you wanna go to the trouble to set up... but I'm a man of luxury and I won't settle for less. ;)

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/PowderCoating/2-7-15%20005_zps2gdtpfrv.jpg

It's a little different ever time I set it up, 'cause of course I cain't leave it out in the rain.
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/shutupandjump/PowderCoating/setup_zps5187f2e3.jpg

scarry scarney
04-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Beagle - Thank you for the photo's. That clears up some of my questions.

Jwber - I'm interested in seeing how you connect the lazy susan. I like Beagle's setup, but I'm concerned about getting 360 degree of spray on the booolits....

jwber
04-05-2016, 12:59 PM
I am going to try out the lazy susan option. I was looking around online and Truvalue has a lazy susan hardware kit for $4.99. Going to try and pick one up soon and use a piece of scrap plywood to attach to the base.

I need to work on some trays too...my trays kinda suck and I know I could fit more per batch with something better. Thinking cutting up cheap cookie sheets or finding some already flat sheet metal at Home Depot/Lowes.

Beagle333
04-05-2016, 01:02 PM
I put a brick on the pedal, hold the gun in one hand and walk around the table as I rotate the wind shield with the other hand.

foesgth
04-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Beagle,
That is some darn nice cardboard you have there, sir! I am going to watch for one of the folks in the neighborhood to buy a new tv and upgrade mine. I do have a really nice cake decorating lazy susan that I use. It was free, but I think I will have to buy a new one, when my birthday comes up next month and SWMBO finds it missing.

scarry scarney
04-05-2016, 03:21 PM
I might have to try this one....

http://www.amazon.com/Dial-Industries-Stainless-Turntable-Organizer/dp/B001G9CN9A

I'm hoping that because its stainless steel I could connect one lead to the base, place a metal cookie sheet with the boolits on it, then spray & turn.

What do you think?

mozeppa
04-05-2016, 04:51 PM
my set up...my "lazy susan" is a rotisserie motor from a grill, it turns at 2 rpm ...plenty of time to get a 360 degree spray.

since my bullet trays are steel , i connected the ground wire directly to the lazy susan , now when i place a tray on it ...its automatically grounded so i don't have to mess with a foot pedal.

zenkoji
04-07-2016, 01:00 PM
a lazy susan is the answer for the most part.

And this is why I love this board... I learn a new trick almost every time I peruse it!