PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg SS1

IcerUSA
05-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Heres my dilemma , I got this rifle offered to me for a good price and it has a Redfield Widefield scope on it to boot , anyone have any experiance with this rifle ? It has a 308 barrel on it also .
Thanks guys .

Keith

Bent Ramrod
05-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Well, I figured someone would respond on this one with a description of their own rifle. My sole experience was firing a few shots with a friends SS-1. It was in .223, with a quite heavy barrel. It was a little muzzle heavy, but was very accurate with whatever factory ammo my friend had at the time. I don't remember which, and he doesn't reload ubiquitous calibers like the .223.

It looked pretty good, I thought. Much more aesthetic than the NEF type guns. I've seen new or as-new specimens in various calibers marked with remainder/close-out prices at gun shows. I'd get one myself, but I'm running out of room in my safe. I will probably regret it--I don't know what happened to that model. Mossberg just seemed to lose interest in the gun, for no reason I could see. It'll certainly be a collector's item in the future.