PDA

View Full Version : History of verse of the day

rl69
03-31-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm was asked by a fellow member where I get the verse of the day. He was committing on how good the last few have been. I wish i could say I come up with them on my own, or better yet the lord lays them on my hart. But the truth is I get them straight off of bible gateway.

I am a member of gun and game forum one of our members griz started posting the daily word,at that time I was doing my reading on the iPad bible gateway app. So I would post the verse of the day on his tread.his posts started growing with more members posting verses that complimented and backed up his verses.The lord soon laid it on my hart to start posting it here.

Tuesday on G&G a member posted a thread about blue letter bible. I was checking it out using the cross reference tool,and I ran across verses in Isaiah referencing Christ. In another thread we started discussing the Old Testament where I was able to use those verses to show jesus in the Old Testament . The next day these where the verse of the day on bible gateway. I am amazed daily by the way he works.

Guys God is at work on the Internet, He is here every day working a work we can't undersand. I find it humbling that I can be a part of it. There are so many men here that are able to communicate so much better then I. and even still my post seam too reach people.it is a true testament of the power of God

ok I'll stop rambling but before I end I want to thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement.

Ronnie Landry

Boaz
03-31-2016, 10:18 PM
You have done good work . People read your verses , it could open the door for others . Don't care where you get em it's still your caring and effort that gets them to us . Thank you

Hickok
04-01-2016, 09:07 AM
:goodpost:

Ronnie, the Lord is giving you this, and you are acting upon it.

buckwheatpaul
04-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Ronnie, Regardless of where the "verse of the day" comes from is not the issue.....God has moved you to post and we get the blessing....thanks.....Paul

Blackwater
04-01-2016, 02:17 PM
Amen, Ronnie. And thanks! These things matter.