PDA

View Full Version : Possible Gunsmithing Lathe, Texas

bear67
03-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Not ready to post classified yet, but I now own another lathe that I really don't need. I bid and won a shop full of tools that includes a Rockwell 9 X 42 or 46" lathe with 3 jaw chuck and some other tooling--still has lantern post tool holders. I am having troubles getting pictures from my phone to my computer, but can post pictures later. This has 1 1/2" spindle hole and would make a great gunsmith lathe. I have a couple already so this will be on the market when I can get it in my possession and on a trailer. It is 3 phase, but I may have an extra phase converter available.

I can sell this locally as lathes and mills usually go fairly easily--I once posted 3 lathes and a shaper on Craig's list and sold all in a hour or less. This is in NE Texas, near Tyler, and if any of my cast bullet friends are interested, I will be happy to share the wealth and I could help with delivery--too big and hard to ship motor freight as crating would be a booger. . When I can get back in the barn/shop this is in I will post it for sale. I have other tools in this deal that I want, but really can not justify keeping this one. Also have a 18" rockwell planer, 3phase that I don't need as I have a 15" Oliver set up

Ural Driver
03-28-2016, 05:17 PM
It just never fails, this kinda stuff comes up for sale and I got no place to put it.......:sad:
Good luck with the sale. :drinks:

CastingFool
03-28-2016, 05:24 PM
Bear67, you can always email photos to yourself, the email should show up on your puter, then you can post them. I do that all the time.

tim338
03-29-2016, 08:03 AM
The Rockwell lathes are fine machines. Small enough for a couple of guys to move but ridged enough to do good work on.

akajun
03-29-2016, 07:37 PM
I'd be interested and will be in natchitches and Shreveport on the 7,8,9th. Please pm me pics and price

bear67
03-29-2016, 09:55 PM
It will be a couple of days before I can email anything. My wifelady says my phone must be upgraded as I have emailed pics to my computer and posted here for years, but will not work now. I can use hers, but mine doesn't work. I hate technology some times. akjun, I will get you info asap. I have not put a price on this one, but probably will put it on a trailer Saturday. It is mounted on 8' 4 x 4 skids so should be easier to load on a low trailer. Don't want to move a fork truck yet, but I have other equipment that I bought that is heavy X 2. I can sell the lathe locally, but I prefer it go to someone who will make beautiful accurate gun projects with it. I have a Clausing with 1 1/2" headstock hole and 48" between centers and it is much easier than my old Southbend 9C.

bear67
03-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Wife upgraded phone, so I posted these 3. I will put a price on it and probably put it in S&S.

crashdummy
03-30-2016, 06:04 PM
Any idea what it weighs ?
Would probably overload my trailer.

bear67
03-31-2016, 09:47 PM
Crash
I could not find any weight specs on this one but it is lighter than my Clausing with similiar swing and centers and it weighed 1812# with all chucks and acc including tailstock off the machine. Good excuse for a larger trailer. I am going to try to get it loaded out of shop and on a low trailer Saturday and I will run across scales and inquiring minds will know. I am tempted to keep it but I don't need 3 lathes and would have to move something to make room.