PDA

View Full Version : Every get those 9mm and 40 in the tumbler at the same time?

Boolit_Head
03-24-2016, 05:22 PM
Well I tossed some in the tumbler and of course some of the 9mm's got stuck in some of the 40's. Just could not pull them out. Well I had the bright idea to toss them in the empty tumbler and after a few minutes the vibration loosened and vibrated enough media out of them I could easily pull the ones that had not already separated.

ReloaderFred
03-24-2016, 05:28 PM
If you tumble two different calibers of handgun brass that can fit one inside the other at the same time, you can lessen the nesting problem by putting the larger caliber brass in the tumbler first. This allows it to fill with media, and there's less chance of the smaller caliber getting inside.

Of course, the real solution is to tumble different calibers separately.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Schrag4
03-24-2016, 05:48 PM
I had a real hard time getting some 22LR out of 38SP and 357Mag cases. My helper must have let those slip through while sorting.

Mytmousemalibu
03-24-2016, 05:55 PM
I mistakenly dumped a bunch of 9mm and .40S&W in the wet tumbler together once....... Keyword here is once........ not the kind of mistake you make again, 500rds of each. What a pain in the a.....

tazman
03-24-2016, 06:31 PM
Been there, done that, never again.

Petrol & Powder
03-24-2016, 06:50 PM
I try to avoid putting cases that can nest in each other in the tub at the same time. I'd like to point out that I said "try" because it still happens even if it's only a few cases.

alleyoop
03-24-2016, 07:06 PM
I also make an effort to tumble by caliber, but when that odd ball does sneak in I've found that the impact or hammer type bullet puller is very useful.