PDA

View Full Version : Gas Checks....OUCH

dakotashooter2
05-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Bid on some lyman 41 cal gas checks (1000) a few days back on fleaBay. When I check on the auction today it had closed at $63. OUCH Definately got to get in on the next group buy.

Boerrancher
05-05-2008, 09:15 AM
You might want to invest in one of those punch and die sets that make GC's. I did with great results, the only thing I have against it is it is time consuming. The nice thing about it is that it is small and compact and if I have the disks cut out already I can sit and make GC's while I watch TV with the wife. I can knock out a hundred or more in an hour with little to no effort. If you use scrap material (Alum Cans) you will have nothing invested but the cost of the tool and the time.

Best Wishes

jackley
05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
You might want to invest in one of those punch and die sets that make GC's. I did with great results, the only thing I have against it is it is time consuming. The nice thing about it is that it is small and compact and if I have the disks cut out already I can sit and make GC's while I watch TV with the wife. I can knock out a hundred or more in an hour with little to no effort. If you use scrap material (Alum Cans) you will have nothing invested but the cost of the tool and the time.

Best Wishes

Where do you get one of those punch and die sets?
Jerry

GabbyM
05-05-2008, 10:32 AM
.41 must be another one of the calibers Hornady isn't producing at this time. Along with 6mm and 270 rifle. Both of which I have. I scored some 270's off Ebay for under $20 and picked up some 6mm from the last Gator gas check group buy that recently closed out.

You obviously don't' want to value much by what you see it going for on Ebay.

dakotashooter2
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I actually have one of those but they don't fit (small) bullets cast from ww with my lyman mold. I actually don't use GC's that much but wanted to have a few if something changes. If necessary I can get them to fit but right now it is more work than I want to put into it. I have access to aluminum printing plates at a reasonable price so matterials is also not an issue.

BABore
05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Why not just call Larry Blackmon, at Bullet Swaging Supply, and order up some of his 41 Gator GC's. He offers two styles depending on your mold brand. (318) 387-7257. Same place the GB checks come from. You'll just pay a tad more cause it's not a bulk deal.

PatMarlin
05-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Where do you get one of those punch and die sets?
Jerry

Quality checkmaker single press die sets will be available from us soon... :drinks: