PDA

View Full Version : So I have this Broomhandle Mauser

TCLouis
05-05-2008, 12:04 AM
That has been taking up space for 15 years and since it is WORTHLESS as a smooth bore (yeah why did I buy it . . . .Gosh only knows, stupidity) I have but one question or request for opinions. Did the Chinese ever clean a gun?

Should it go off to FL and come back to me as a 9mm or a 7.62X25?

Plenty of cheap 9mm ammo out there and I have dies and I do won a Dillon conversion for 9 also (I do not own a 9 any more).

Obviously it is not going to be a carry gun, just plink and play!

joatmon
05-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Sounds like alot of good reasons to go 9mm to me!

MtGun44
05-06-2008, 12:57 AM
If it is .30 Luger/Mauser cal, you should be able to get a barrel reborer
to bring it up to 9mm, and the chamber rear is the same. May wind
up being relatively cheap and the same patina on the barrel exterior
too boot.

Bill

wonderwolf
05-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Looks like you and I are in the same boat. I have a C96 that has problematic barrel. I'm thinking of chopping threading and contouring on a Mac 9mm barrel on. But not a hack job...do it right and nice. might make a little shorter barrel which is fine. mine is in 30 mauser right now.

steif
05-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi,
I think it would be worth it to send it to be relined or bored out and rifled to 9mm, they are fun to shoot and if you were to ever sell it, it would be a great + to have a new looking bore. might even be worth it to go all the way and have them guys refinish it as well, generally I never refinish anything military, it always destroys the value but on these chinese imports the reline and refinish actually helps out... I've seen some that looked like boat anchors that turned out really nice looking after a finish and tuneup.
but that's just my thoughts..
Have fun!!