PDA

View Full Version : Sagebrush annealer machine

salpal48
03-20-2016, 10:04 AM
After a long research on the various annealing machines I was able to purchase the Sagebrush. after contacting most f the manufactures, this one seems to meet my needs. all seem to do a great job. but all use stock type cases. 30/06, 308, 223, 45/70. when i asked about Odd or older case . the answer became confusing.. Since the Bulk of my Loading now Is Older BP case. / 50/70, 11mmx59 R, 43 spanish , 11mm comblain, and such, The rim diameter and height was a consideration.
This is an Un complicated machine. All adjustment are done By hand . with a simple turntable and a basic ON/OFF switch. Placing the cases @ the end of the Table. cases revolve to The Flames.. It will anneal appox 30 cases per Min.
. The cases currently on the machine are Original 11x59 R french Gras with an A BASE RIM dated 1878 I am not a 223 or 308 shooter and all annealing is done in small batches.. . The only moving Part is the motor and turntable
since the older brass is not currently made all batches react differently.
. I know these machines are expensive . ranging from $300- $900. this one was $350 shipped.
Harlan @ sagebrush was very helpful.
Well this seems to be the best for My need. Sinple , effective . with little Moving parts. The only addition was The Torch extension Hoses I installed. . I never liked the bottles on the machine
Sal

VHoward
03-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Is there a video of it online that demonstrates it's operation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M0PKMvxBPc
Found one. Never mind. Neat machine. Kind of spendy just for a turn table.

salpal48
03-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Price was something to consider. since it Fit my needs and since a did not want to waste my time In doing a Homemade Job. . . With That in Mind , I just decided to Buy. .

VHoward
03-20-2016, 07:03 PM
An old record player from a thrift shop, some clamps to hold the torches, slow it down and you got one.

Walter Laich
03-20-2016, 08:36 PM
I built my own but I have the time to that

Let us know how it works when you get it.

salpal48
03-21-2016, 08:47 AM
Like i said ,for my needs it was fine, the large rim cases with the other seem to be a problem. all The machine were using 308, 30/06. and other rimless. . . all work well in the video's . But in the real world. thats different. I have used this machine It is easy simple and fast. . No jams no stops and all cases anneal well.
My suggestion to Other people Buy what you like. If it works for you That OK
Sal

HGS
03-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Sal;

You're right about cost being a factor, I like using my Ken Light annealing machine, but having to spend $70.00 with shipping to change calibers by buying a new wheel does not appeal very much to me..As the price of Kens annealing wheels rise, I don't think many people will be interested in them. I like the looks of your sagebrush annealer, and how much money you saved.

HGS

salpal48
03-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Annealing machines are The latest Gizmo and The rage. For 40 years I annealed by hand. No mystery, No science. Just a pan of water and a torch.. At this time In my Life wanted simple as possible with no mess.
If you have The Money, you have a choice. building something was Not an option for me
Sal