PDA

View Full Version : Lee bullet size kit and size dies question

seabreeze133
03-20-2016, 06:58 AM
I would like to buy a Lee bullet size kit in 309 and extra dies in 311. Anyone know if Less sells the extra size dies?

Thanks

seabreeze

Ben
03-20-2016, 09:14 AM
Lee makes a .309 and a .311 , but they don't make a .310".

I took a .309 " and opened it up to .310", now I have all three, .309, .310, and a .311.

Here is a link for you :

http://www.titanreloading.com/lube-sizing-kit

seabreeze133
03-20-2016, 02:03 PM
So Lee will sell the whole kit plus individual sizers.

Thanks

seabreeze

Lee makes a .309 and a .311 , but they don't make a .310".

I took a .309 " and opened it up to .310", now I have all three, .309, .310, and a .311.

Here is a link for you :

http://www.titanreloading.com/lube-sizing-kit

Screwbolts
03-20-2016, 06:51 PM
There are members here that used to make custom lee type dies, Take a Look at NOE's sizer set up they offer on thier web site.

Take look; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?301567-NOE-sizer-question

Ken

Ben
03-20-2016, 08:14 PM
On the retail level, the individual sizers are not sold.

You may / or may not be able to call Lee and order a sizer only.

I can't say ?

dkf
03-21-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm already invested in Lee sizers so I keep buying and lapping them out to the size I need. If you have no or only a couple Lee sizers I'd buy the fairly new NOE push thru sizers. More options than the Lees and the finish is probably better. I lap out all my Lees because every single one I bought was fairly rough on the inside. I don't need all the Alox and more red plastic containers. I wish Lee would sell the sizer only.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=104&osCsid=8vgrebt2kfsdturk05i8qloql1

1989toddm
03-21-2016, 01:09 AM
I'm already invested in Lee sizers so I keep buying and lapping them out to the size I need. If you have no or only a couple Lee sizers I'd buy the fairly new NOE push thru sizers. More options than the Lees and the finish is probably better. I lap out all my Lees because every single one I bought was fairly rough on the inside. I don't need all the Alox and more red plastic containers. I wish Lee would sell the sizer only.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=104&osCsid=8vgrebt2kfsdturk05i8qloql1

If you want to part with a bottle of that alox I would like to try making BLL. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

mdi
03-21-2016, 01:25 PM
A Lee sizing kit is pretty simple, containing two parts and a bottle of lube. You'll need the ram and the die, so the only "extra" is a bottle of Lee alox. Buy the whole kit...

petroid
03-21-2016, 01:49 PM
If you look in the lee site under parts you can get the size die body alone for $20 for any catalogued size

bangerjim
03-21-2016, 01:59 PM
So Lee will sell the whole kit plus individual sizers.

Thanks

seabreeze

Sorry, Charlie! Lee only sell the complete "kit" (red plastic box, sizing die, push rod, and Mule Snot lube) as a complete product. I buy them, use the red boxes and dies and throw the mule snot away because I got away from grease over 3 years ago and use PC now. So are I have "recycled" over 8 bottles of that horrible stinking stuff.

As said, you can enlarge one, but it is amost a job for a metal lathe...for accuracy. You can fiddlyphart around with an electric drill and sandpaper/emory/lapping, but good luck on that one. Find someone with a lathe!

banger

petroid
03-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Sorry, Charlie! Lee only sell the complete "kit" (red plastic box, sizing die, push rod, and Mule Snot lube) as a complete product.

If this is true, why do they list all the individual parts of the kit separately under "Parts"

bangerjim
03-21-2016, 07:33 PM
If this is true, why do they list all the individual parts of the kit separately under "Parts"

Never looked there. Never even been to the Lee site. I get all my stuff from the Lee vendors. If they do not have it, it does not exist in my book. Lee charges a ton more (FULL MSRP) than the vendors, so I have been told. $20 for just the sizing die???? Might as well buy the whole kit for $18 or so (what I have paid during sales) and throw the alox mule snot away (again, what I always do).

Anytime you buy something part by part, especailly from a manufacturer's site, you are generally going to pay thru the nose.

EDG
03-21-2016, 09:40 PM
You probably need to look at Lee's site to dispell some of your misconceptions.
Lee will sell the parts and they will ship many of them at no cost --- so there is a back door discount that the distributors cannot gripe about.

Never looked there. Never even been to the Lee site. I get all my stuff from the Lee vendors. If they do not have it, it does not exist in my book. Lee charges a ton more (FULL MSRP) than the vendors, so I have been told. $20 for just the sizing die???? Might as well buy the whole kit for $18 or so (what I have paid during sales) and throw the alox mule snot away (again, what I always do).

Anytime you buy something part by part, especailly from a manufacturer's site, you are generally going to pay thru the nose.

michael.birdsley
03-21-2016, 09:46 PM
Is it normal to get charged a hazmat fee for buying a lee sizer with Alox. Because that adds 20 dollars on shipping?

Geezer in NH
03-31-2016, 01:42 PM
I never have

Oklahoma Rebel
04-02-2016, 02:38 PM
bangerjim you r actually throwing alox away? ahh!!!! at least send them to someone that will use them, don't just waste them, I don't like waste. when it is something that me or someone else could use. not all of us have money .