PDA

View Full Version : Brothers and sisters in Christ

Hickok
03-19-2016, 04:55 PM
As I post this, it is Saturday, 19th, and we have laid my son to rest in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The printed word cannot convey, nor transmit the gratitude, appreciation, and feelings of thankfulness and love I have for all you good, kind and generous people, who have risen up and come to aid, to comfort, and to raise up my family and I in your prayers and thoughts.

From the heart and core of my spirit and very being, I thank each of you and your families for the kindness, generosity, and love you have extended to us at this very hard time in my families life.

Many of you have opened your inner most thoughts and have related the most painful and hurtful tragedies you yourself have endured in life, in order to council and comfort me, and aid in the overcoming and healing of my family, as we trust in Christ, and for this I have no words that can truly relate my feelings of thankfulness and gratitude.

For good people to relive the agony and the pain of a tragedy in their lives, in order to help someone else in their time of distress goes beyond the boundaries of human understanding, and must truly come from Jesus Himself who lives in their hearts, minds and souls.

In all love, charity, compassion, and as a believer and follower in Jesus Christ, covered in His Holy Blood, I and my family thank each and everyone of you folks.

I pray God's protection and untold blessing on you and your loved ones, and great rewards through Christ our King, Amen

Ken Evans

dilly
03-19-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Hickok.

Hickok
03-19-2016, 05:08 PM
We must keep any and all here in prayer, and uplift them and support them in Jesus Christ.

As warriors and soldiers in the Army of the Lord, we will not get to our rest and reward without lose, injury, and scars of battle. We serve in duty and honor to Lord Jesus, our King

BUCKEYE BANDIT
03-19-2016, 05:48 PM
Hickok,
I came to this site looking for answers .I have found so much more than the simple answer I was seeking.Men like you,Boas and Preacher Jim have helped me return to my GOD. I lost a child and unlike yourself turned away,the outpouring of faith from all on this site must truly be one of your greatest blessings.May GOD look over you and yours,sending my small prayer for you.
We must keep any and all here in prayer, and uplift them and support them in Jesus Christ.

As warriors and soldiers in the Army of the Lord, we will not get to our rest and reward without lose, injury, and scars of battle. We serve in duty and honor to Lord Jesus, our King

jmort
03-19-2016, 05:54 PM
"We serve in duty and honor to Lord Jesus, our King"

He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. You have been in our hearts and prayers Brother Ken.

Hogtamer
03-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Buckeye, I learned some time ago that there's no such thing as a small prayer!

No_1
03-19-2016, 06:10 PM
I cannot imagine the pain. You and yours are in my prayers.

Robert

missionary5155
03-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Brother Ken
We will continue to pray. May the presence of our Lord Jesus be your comfort. May His tender Mercy stay your soul.
Mike in Peru

TXGunNut
03-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Thanks for checking in, Hickok. It's hard to move on but someday we must. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts & prayers.

rl69
03-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Words fail me. Love you brother

Freightman
03-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Words escape me,all I can say is prayers for you and family members,keep the Faith.

Windwalker 45acp
03-19-2016, 07:53 PM
Just continue to lean on friends and loved ones during this time... and especially the Lord. And we're here for ya bud if you need anything!

Bzcraig
03-19-2016, 08:21 PM
It is through tears I continue to pray and following your journey knowing God himself will give you rest even through this tragedy. I am blessed beyond measure to read about your incredible faith!

Blackwater
03-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Ken, thank YOU for letting us know so we could do our due diligence on your and your family's behalf. "There but for the Grace of God go I." None of us is immune from things like this, even though we seldom give it consideration. Therefore, it always catches us by surprise.

I hate to say it, but it's something you'll always carry with you, brother. But it gets more bearable when we realize that your son is in God's hands, and that there are no better hands that he could be in. We'll all be in His hands, sooner or later, and that will be our great time of reunion, when we again gain all that was once lost to us in this world. There is great consolation in realizing this. It doesn't keep us from hurting due to our very real losses, but it makes the burden more bearable, and even rational in a way. But it takes time, and you'll be in our prayers for some time to come, brother, you and all the family. God bless and keep you all.

Ken in Iowa
03-19-2016, 08:39 PM
God bless and keep you always.

Thumbcocker
03-19-2016, 08:45 PM
I am not a church going person but I have seen the creators thumbprint on the sky from a tree stand more than a few times. In 2013 we experienced a similar event. Prayers and support from all over flowed in. Many from this site. We leaned hard on that to get through the dark days. If the knowledge that others have traveled the hard road and came out the other side is of comfort then there is some meaning to be had from a hard situation.

All I can say for sure is that we will continue to try to pay back in some small measure what was freely given to us. Prayers and support continue for Ken and family.

brassrat
03-19-2016, 08:53 PM
God bless you brother Hickok, and boolet family members for supporting our faithful friend.

Boaz
03-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Hickok I am so glad you are here . You have the support of many many people on this forum . Prayer will not cease , you have good friends here . Be with us when you can , use us . Thank you for coming , keep coming . This Chapel is here anytime you need your friends . I am glad you are here .

Lucky Joe
03-19-2016, 09:46 PM
You have my continued prayers.

Frank V
03-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Hickok

I'm sorry for your loss! No parent should have to bury their children but in a fallen world we are plauged with trouble.
I'll pray for your family as well, the Holy Spirit is the great comforter.
In Christ.
Frank

davidheart
03-19-2016, 10:34 PM
I had not been following the situation closely. I only visited the Chapel for the sole purpose that "somebody needs to be prayed for," and I read your note here. I shared with my wife. I could never imagine having to bury my son.

May God give you grace and comfort in this time. My wife and I will pray for you and your family.

Preacher Jim
03-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Ken, I don't need to tell you how much Jesus loves you and your family. But to see Him touch so many to come to your aid in prayer has blessed me. EASTER is being pored out in the blessing sent your family. Jesus lives and comforts the broken hearted, restores our souls and holds us close to Him. May His peace be with you.

Snyd
03-20-2016, 02:17 AM
Grace and Peace to you and your family.

BwBrown
03-20-2016, 02:27 AM
Hickok,
We have so often heard others say that "God will never allow more weight yo pile up on your shoulders than He thinks you can carry."
As a retired pastor, I can tell you that this is not true. I have over the years seen Him do it again and again.
BUT he ALWAYS gives us someone to help us carry it. Look inside yourself, look to your friends; see the one who was sent to help. There is no darkness that The Light of loves, friendships and faith cannot peel away.
Blessings my friend,
Bob;

Blackwater
03-21-2016, 08:23 AM
Hickock, let me please say a "Thank you" to you, sir. There's nothing more inspiring than seeing another who's undergoing extreme challenge to his Faith, and still stand tall and upright for God and Christ and Christianity, no matter what. You, sir, provive a very humbling source of great influence on us and our Faith, too. So let me please say a humble "Thank you" to you for providing a shining example of a Christian facing great sorrow. We need folks like you to help show us the way when our times of challenge and sorrow come, so don't ever forget how crucial what you're doing truly is. And it matters, and it matters an awful lot. Thanks.

Frank V
03-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Nice to check back in & be refreshed.
Thanks everyone.

buckwheatpaul
03-21-2016, 05:35 PM
Ken, I am so glad that you are back on the site...healing will take time but I promise you that Your Cast Boolits Family will be there to support you and pray for and with you.....Paul