PDA

View Full Version : Checkless Sucess !

RU shooter
05-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I finally had sucess shooting without GC at higher vel. in my 03A3 today ,I have been foolin with this for a month or so now with not so stellar results until now. I used the Lee 155-312 SKS boolit sized to .311 and lubed with C-red on top of a .090 card wad and 13.0 grs of Red Dot , Vel. is in the 1650+ range Not real fast but fast enough for my 200 yd HP matches.
Heres the results of 10 rds. with issued sights at 100 yds.
The last five rds went into a snug 7/8" right above the X !Thats it I'm done with the silly copper disks as long as I have this kind of accuracy and a good supply of cards!

NSP64
05-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Tell me more.:holysheep how did you keep the card on? what size did you cut the card?how thick is card? what is card? this could be applied th PB boolits shot at higher velocity.

trickyasafox
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
You have to share more info!

RU shooter
05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Tell me more.:holysheep how did you keep the card on? what size did you cut the card?how thick is card? what is card? this could be applied th PB boolits shot at higher velocity.Heres what they are and what I did. I cut the cards from some sorta bonded paper( not corugated cardboard) that were edge protectors off the steel coils we get at work they are .090 thick, I cut them with a 54R fired casing and a hammer(High Tech. Huh!) they measure .320 give or take, I lube them up a little by rubbing snow seal on them,dont know if it makes any difference but seemed like a good idea at the time???? Flair the case mouth good press them in flush with the mouth and seat the boolit right on top of it. They are held in just with the neck tension so if your boolit shank is seated below the bottom of the neck you'll have to try a different way The boolit I was using has a short shank so it works well in the 30-06 case should also work good on other long necked rds. like the Krag and 30-30. I guess you could use these on PB boolits I dont see why not?I'm loading up 50 more and am going to fire 5, 10 rd strings to see if the accuracy holds up in a Match situation without any decline due to possible leading I checked the bore after I fired these 10 and saw nothing .

Tim

NSP64
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
:drinks: Keep us posted Thanks.

MtGun44
05-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I presume that without the overpowder cards the same loads gave
less than sterling accuracy?

Once again, we rediscover the wisdom of our forefathers. Good job,
will save money, for sure.

Bill