PDA

View Full Version : Lee on the move with new products

EDG
03-17-2016, 07:42 PM
I just trolled the new product listing at Lee and found some welcome new stuff.

They are now making collet crimp dies for the .357 Mag, .44 Mag and .45 Colt and some other less popular rounds.

They now list a 200 grain flat point for the .35 Rem in both 2 cavity and 6 cavity molds.

It appears that all the Lee priming tools both hand and press mounted are now sold with the folding primer trays.

I wound up with a Ergo prime in a trade and I did not like the trays with the goofy easily broken plastic retainer tabs.
I might have kept it if I had known the trays would be upgraded. I hope the 3rd tray design is a charm.

jmort
03-17-2016, 07:46 PM
"They are now making collet crimp dies for the .357 Mag..."

They have been doing this for awhile now. I have two for at least two years. I did buy the Ergo Prime upgrade kit it it is an upgrade. The new bench mounted priming tool is fantastic. There are other new products that are fantastic as well.

Beaver Scout
03-18-2016, 04:15 AM
That 200gr FP might be just what my Model 8 wants. I love shooting that rifle but hate the 220gr jacketed bullets.

W.R.Buchanan
03-18-2016, 04:04 PM
Lee has some of the best tool designers in the business as does Dillon. Lee's production capabilities are second to none and as such the prices are very low and very hard to compete with. The quality of the products is outstanding as well.

Dillon on the other hand is not coming out with a bunch of new products and there is a very good reason for this as well.

They already have everything covered with some of the best products in every category and the thing about good reloading products is if they are right they don't need to be changed. When a tool does a job right and really can't be improved on, it is pointless to reissue it as anew tool just to keep things flowing.

Lee has never had a Lever Operated Primer Seater similar to the RCBS unit. So now they do, and that is a legitimate new product for them.

As far as the Collet Crimp Dies for .357 and .44's, they have had those for several years.

Irrespective of that, Lee could "get by" just fine by NEVER bringing out another new product, as they have just about everything covered as well. Obviously as new cartridges are designed and marketed they would have to make new Die Sets but beyond that they are set.

Randy

03-18-2016, 05:57 PM
The upgraded powder measure seems to have been well received but I do wish Lee would do the same with their scales. Although the scale works well enough and, when it was introduced 20 odd years ago, it was quite a revolution but I think a new model is long over due.

427smith
03-18-2016, 06:15 PM
quality of they're products is outstanding is arguable if you a picky about your finished ammo.

Seeker
03-18-2016, 06:20 PM
The 45 colt collet style crimp die sounds like just the ticket for some big flat meplat 200 gr. SWC bullets that I use for my 1911 and would love to try in my .45 colt.