PDA

View Full Version : Will this one work?

joatmon
03-15-2016, 09:47 PM
I've been wanting a heavy mold (or mould?) for my 38/357 play time for guite awhile, think I've settled on NOE360.180gr RF PB . My needs are (with the right alloy }
Pistol
1 longer range pinking ( 100-150 yds )
2 hunting small game (up to 50yds) large game up to white tails (south east grown) limit 30 yds.

Rifle
1 Little longer range plinking (must be accurate enough t0 remove smurkes from younger faces)
2 Would like to double the above so let's say 60 yds

In a perfect world would this be it?

Thanks Aaron

Scharfschuetze
03-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Yes it will, from a ballistic standpoint anyway.

I use a boolit of 180 grains in my Marlin 1894 and over the chronograph it gets 1,750 fps with Lil'Gun powder and it is useful to well past 200 yards with a peep sight. In a Smith & Wesson Model 28 6" it is quite accurate at 100 yards and easily hits plastic milk jugs at even further ranges with some front sight elevation in the sight alignment/picture.

The Lil'Gun is great in the Marlin rifle, but others have noted that it is hard on a forcing cone in a revolver. I've not noted any leading in either the carbine or revolver with the plain base design as long as I use Lyman #2 or Linotype alloys.

Mica_Hiebert
03-15-2016, 11:48 PM
Bullet will be fine for white tails given you do your part. I prefer the wfn but not sure how that comes into play 20th your long range plinking requirement.