PDA

View Full Version : if you think prayer does not help read through the requests

Preacher Jim
03-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Prayer unleashes God's power to help in a problem. if you follow Davids example in the Psalms he put his faith in the Lord, stated the problem and knew the Lord would answer according to His will for the situation. then David rested and waited for the Lord to fix a situation or direct David what he should do.
God is still as active answering prayers as He always was but you have to release yourself to God's will in the answer to the problem. He is not a wishing well, He is your heavenly Father who knows what is best for your life, trust him and surrender to His will for you.

Boaz
03-15-2016, 11:59 AM
I couldn't agree more Jiim . When GOD shows up...........things start happening .

shoot-n-lead
03-15-2016, 12:02 PM
That is a good word, thanks for reminding us.

w5pv
03-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Thanks prayer is the foundation of my faith.
Jim thanks for the pray for the people in the Sabine Neches water way flood.

Preacher Jim
03-16-2016, 07:40 AM
We did disaster relief work after the hurricane in that area, my prayers are with all the great people flooded from their homes, jobs, schools and losing their things again. God be with all of those struggling with this flooding.

edrw
03-16-2016, 09:02 AM
I'm so glad we have Our Chapel, it has been really inspiring reading through the posts.

Preacher Jim
03-17-2016, 08:08 AM
When you read through the answered prayer in this chapel you know beyond any doubt that God is still on the throne and helping His children.
The fool says there is no God, well the answered prays say wake up fool, i am still here and working.

Boaz
03-17-2016, 05:51 PM
I agree Jim , there is good work happening here ! I was a mod on a Christian gun form owned by a pastor . He was a nice guy. There was too much theological bickering . It's never happened here , too much mutual respect . The rate of relief sought through prayer here and true concern over rides petty thought . It is the way it should be , we are here to help others , ask for help , praise our Lord , build friendship through fellowship .