PDA

View Full Version : A message from Hickok

Boaz
03-15-2016, 07:55 AM
Hickok sent this message to the Chapel Sunday night. I nwill let it speak for It's self.

Friends, brothers and sisters in Christ, it is 8:23 pm, Sunday night as I type this. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your caring, love, prayers and extreme generosity you have shown to myself and my family during this time of tragedy we are experiencing. You are amazing people, and God will reward you, I know, for the love you have extended to us. You have greatly lifted us spiritually. I may not meet be able to meet you on this earth, but I will meet all of you when we gather before the Lord.

I also thank No. 1 for allowing us as Christians believers to gather here and pray and help each other.

I would like to give some details so you can all know. My son of 34 years, took his life by his own hand. Never used alcohol, no tobacco, physically toned and fit, lifted weights, ate properly for health, absolutely no drug use or steroids, never in any trouble, good job, owned his own house, ran dirt bikes, and sport bikes, and fishing was a passion. In fact he looked like a well trained Marine.

Got severely depressed and could not sleep about a week ago. I took him to get checked up, and we also took him for MRI's, blood work and xrays, they showed nothing. He was under doctor's care for just 4 days and I lost him.

He was a firm believer in Jesus Christ, and it was not in any way in his nature for this to happen. It was not him, in any way shape or form.

Again I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul for your love to my family. God blessings and rewards in the name of Jesus for each of you and yours. Amen Ken

straightwall
03-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Oh my gosh. How sad. :(

Treeman
03-15-2016, 10:41 AM
Sometimes things just don't make sense. Even in those times when we struggle to understand God will sustain us. Keep on trusting even when your heart cries"WHY?!?".

w5pv
03-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Prayers sent.

Wayne Smith
03-15-2016, 04:52 PM
You are right, anyone with those virtues - the hopelessness and helplessness of depression was 'not him'. My condolences go to you and your family, and my prayers as well.

MrWolf
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Prayers sent. I am so sorry.

Brad Cayton
03-15-2016, 08:00 PM
So very sorry. Prayers sent brother

DLCTEX
03-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Sorry for this devastating loss. Prayers sent to the Father for you.

daniel lawecki
03-15-2016, 08:14 PM
So sorry for your loss my grandkids father took his own life. I feel for your loss deeply as I type this it bring tears to my eyes. God bless you and your family.

9.3X62AL
03-15-2016, 08:20 PM
Saddened to read this. I have no words, other than to hope and pray for comfort for you and yours.

flyingmonkey35
03-15-2016, 08:26 PM
I am very saddened by your lose.

No words can describe your pain. Be encouraged to know you did all you could for your son. And that he is now with god.

Amen.

Boaz
03-16-2016, 05:16 AM
Thank you for helping .