PDA

View Full Version : Great Range Day!

TXGunNut
03-13-2016, 01:35 AM
Even tho I didn't fire a single cast boolit! Had our first club trap shoot of the year; new match director, bad weather, big ATA shoot in Ft Worth......yep had to go support the match.:bigsmyl2: Yep, choked big time, lol.:bigsmyl2: It was fun, only my third trap match and I have a lot to work on. Doubles were actually the most fun even tho I REALLY sucked at them, lol. Headed out again tomorrow for some coaching, will take a few rifles along to send a few CB's into the berm.

runfiverun
03-13-2016, 12:46 PM
shoot the straight away first then swing to the second bird.
get them both on the way up and you'll be making a motion like this 7
or backwards of that depending on your station.
don't hesitate, and use your eyes to find the second bird the gun will follow on it's own.

MrWolf
03-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Like runfiverun said. I have a bad back and found this set up for doubles. Posts 1-3 I set up aiming for where the left bird will drop and turn to face the trap hitting right bird first. Post 4-5 is the opposite as I setup to where the right hand bird drops hitting left bird first. Sounds kinda weird but I had an elderly gentleman who was very good teach me a few tricks. I cannot setup as normal and make the turn but my way I was able to do pretty good and it is a lot more natural feeling for me.

TXGunNut
03-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Went out and got a little coaching today. Tried some things that didn't work and had a few pretty good rounds. Tried shooting my friend's K-80, couldn't do it. Really like my Citoris. Even shot a couple of rounds with my old field gun. Too windy to shoot test loads in my rifles but got my shooting buddy and I got our Cody/Raton trip planned.