PDA

View Full Version : Windage Turret on Scope

bayjoe
03-11-2016, 07:40 PM
I have a Tasco scope and it has 3 little allen screws that keep the turret in place and the screws won't tighten down.
Anybody got in advice on how to fix.
I tried calling the company to get a replacement and they are closed till Monday.

country gent
03-11-2016, 08:00 PM
You could try new screws if you can find them. but the holes are probably stripped out of thier threads not the screws. Depending on size they could possibly be tapped to the next size bigger but there is no going back from this change. You need to be carefull as firearms and optics often use non standard threads also. You might try your optomitrist for set screws for this.

pietro
03-11-2016, 09:33 PM

I'm just curious how the three turret screws got loose in the first place - IMO, a very unusual circumstance.

bayjoe
03-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Just put the scope on the rifle and never checked them. They came from the factory that way.
But I put a little dab of super glue inside the treads and gave it an hour and the screws tightened right down.

Mk42gunner
03-12-2016, 12:14 AM
This is going to sound like scope snobbery, but the best fix is a new scope.

I have owned a lot of cheap scopes, and while they usually work- at least for a while; since I started buying good scopes I don't have problems.

Robert

HangFireW8
03-12-2016, 12:51 AM
I have a Tasco scope and it has 3 little allen screws that keep the turret in place and the screws won't tighten down.
Anybody got in advice on how to fix.
I tried calling the company to get a replacement and they are closed till Monday.

I suggest calling Tasco on Monday.