PDA

View Full Version : I have a tragic anouncement and request for prayer

Boaz
03-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Our fellow member and brother Hickok lost his son yesterday. I was totally stunned by this , still in the process of letting it sink in . I can not imagine the grief he and his family are going through right now .
He pm'd me this morning with this tragic news and requested I seek prayer for his family here in the Chapel. Please , please pray for him and his family !

He told me to tell you he would not be on the forum for a while which is totally understandable. I am posting his profile link below if you would like to pm him your condolences and I hope you do .

Hickok's profile link ;
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=5339

USMC87
03-11-2016, 10:57 AM
We hold up our brother in prayer to our heavenly FATHER during this tragic moment.

rl69
03-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Prayers sent

bangerjim
03-11-2016, 11:07 AM
A parent should never have to bury their child. Very sad news. May the grace of God encompass the family and friends and guide them thru this horrible loss.

jmort
03-11-2016, 11:19 AM
He is a good man. Praying for him, and his family. So very sorry to hear this. He is our Brother, and we will support him.

jcren
03-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Prayers sent

aspangler
03-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Our Father in Heaven, we humbly ask for your Peace and Comfort for our Brother and his family in the time of sorrow. Please be with them and wrap your arms of Love around them. We ask this in the Name of Jesus.
Amen

edler7
03-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Prayers for Hickock, his son and family. May they find the strength and peace they need in this terrible time.

HABCAN
03-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Prayers and Condolences...............so inadequate at times like this but sincerely sent.

osteodoc08
03-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Prayers sent for hickok, his son and his family members. I could only imagine what it would be like to lose a child. God speed.

rockrat
03-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Prayers up. Parents should never have to bury a child

havfun
03-11-2016, 12:49 PM
praying for him

jonp
03-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Prayers

slim1836
03-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Praying for all those affected by a life taken too soon. May all those find comfort during these trying times.

Slim

thegatman
03-11-2016, 12:57 PM
My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Pereira
03-11-2016, 12:58 PM
My condolences to the family.
May the lord give them strenghten and guidance.

smokeywolf
03-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Truly tragic. The grief is beyond, beyond anything. May the Lord provide Hickok and his family the strength to get through this most difficult time in their life.

Preacher Jim
03-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Lord please hold Hickok and his family in your loving arms, pore your grace and healing mercy on that family as they walk through the stages of grief. comfort them, strenthen them and bless them with your presents all the days of this process, may we the cast boolits family reach out to them in prayer and any other help they need at this time for one of our own is hurting.

03-11-2016, 01:18 PM
There are no words to describe that sorrow. God Bless.

square butte
03-11-2016, 01:32 PM
My deepest condolences to Hickok and family. Prayers sent up

brstevns
03-11-2016, 01:40 PM
You and your family are in my prayers

Smoke4320
03-11-2016, 01:45 PM
they will be in my prayers

tdoyka
03-11-2016, 01:52 PM
prayers sent....:-(

Shawlerbrook
03-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Prayers for him and his family. That is about the worst news a person can hear.

Ithaca Gunner
03-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Hickok is a good man, I'll be praying for him in this hour of need.

Half Dog
03-11-2016, 02:44 PM
I thank you Father for allowing us to come into your presence with requests. I ask that you be with Hickok, his loved ones and give them comfort. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

Bruntson
03-11-2016, 02:54 PM
I can't imagine the pain and sadness the Hickok family must be going through. I will pray for their son and for God's comfort for the entire family during this hour of need .

Hogtamer
03-11-2016, 03:04 PM
So sorry brother. May the God of all Peace strengthen and comfort you and your family.

buckwheatpaul
03-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Boaz, pm sent and pray as well...thanks for posting! Paul

Boaz
03-11-2016, 04:28 PM
That was not an easy post for me . Hickok is a good man , I consider him a friend and brother in Christ like many others here. I really hate this for him and his family. As many have stated it's a terrible thing to outlive a child , we never expect that to happen . He asked for prayer , we should give it .

duckey
03-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent Hickok

crowbuster
03-11-2016, 05:08 PM
I cant imagine....prayers sent

Pb Burner
03-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Very bad news. Prayers for Hickok, His son and family.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Oh tragic news indeed,
prayin for Hickok and family.

Artful
03-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Sympathy and Prayers sent - life is too short on this earth

RogerDat
03-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Wife and I will pray for peace and strength in his life and faith that he might endure this terrible situation.

Bodydoc447
03-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Prayers sent.

shoot-n-lead
03-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Prayer sent.

merlin101
03-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Threads like this reminds me just how lucky the rest of us are, prayers sent for Hickok and family.

cherokeetracker
03-11-2016, 07:53 PM
I do hope that all reading this never go through this experience. This is very, very, difficult for me to even read this. I have already prayed, as soon as I saw the subject.

castalott
03-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Sincere Prayers for Hickok, His Son, and Family. We ask for Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Faith, Hope, Comfort, Wisdom, Understanding, and Peace......

(For the Friend I have never met... Be Strong Hickok....Know that we are here with you....)

Dale

Lucky Joe
03-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Prayers and condolences to Hickock and his family.

DoubleAdobe
03-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Prayers up for Hickock, family and friends in this time of grief.
Best wishes for a healing grace of our Lord.

flyingmonkey35
03-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Prayers sent

Rick Hodges
03-11-2016, 08:25 PM
My prayers and sympathy ... I can't imagine.

farmerjim
03-11-2016, 08:29 PM
My prayers for Hickok and family.

4719dave
03-11-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm so sorry ..Prayers sent ..

JWFilips
03-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Boaz,
If I may ask How old was the boy?

Boaz
03-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Jwfilips Honestly didn't ask , it never crossed my mind .

Blackwater
03-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Wow! Thank you Boaz for letting us know. I lost the closest thing I've ever had to a 2nd son in an auto accident here within 200 yds. of our house. We heard the crash but didn't suspect it might have been him. It was just too unthinkable. He was truly a really good one, and my son's very best friend ever. We saw him wheeled out of the ER with a very swolen head, and being transferred by ambulance to the LifeStar helicopter for transport to Savannah, where they had a surgeon that might have been able to help, but I knew it was unlikely he'd make it that far, and he didn't. He died on the way there while in the air, his father and my good friend by his side. His Dad asked me to take the rest of the kids home and wait with them there, and when he came back into the house, I instantly knew, and I think his brothers and sister did too, that he was gone. There are times when tears just can't express what you're feeling, and I felt like a wimp when the Dad tried to console me. I didn't care that I was a wimp, though. I only cared that a great young man had been taken from us all. We had about 6 or 8 families whose children were generally considered to be virtual "communal property," and we lived pretty close, and they quickly began spending the nights with each other, and when Michael was over here, his Mom & Dad knew he'd receive the same sort of discipline my own son got, and they trusted us, and we trusted them with our son.

I can tell you that there is NOTHING that hurts like losing a son!

I'll be praying for him and the family and friends for a while, because this one's not going to go away or quit hurting for a while. I still, over 20 years later, hurt when I remember Michael's death, and he wasn't even my blood son! Only a real and very strong faith in God will see them through this. It's the hardest test I think a mortal can have to deal with, but even this can be dealt with. There's nothing that Faith can't see us through, even this.

And if you're in contact with him, you know him better than I'll ever have a chance to, but I never thought much of funerals, and always wanted to remember the people as they'd been in life, and not lying in a casket. But when my eldest aunt died, who was like a grandmother to me, the preacher rose, and stood silent for a while, and then said, "Two days ago ..... Our Lord ..... reached down his Mighty Hand ..... and plucked a rose." And He has every right to take any or all of us at His pleasure. He made us all, and made us mortal for a reason, and since we know He truly loves us WAY beyond our meager ability to love Him, we know it's for a good reason. I still think of my aunt, and of Mom and Dad and all the others that meant so much to me growing up, to this day, and always with a fondness that surpasses MY understanding.

Hickock will be dealign with a void that nothing else on earth can or will fill. But his faith should enable him to deal with it. The only thing any of us really "own" is our free will. Everything else is His, created and sustained by his Grace and His will. When He reaches down and "plucks a rose," it's up to us to understand, and not to begrudge Him the plucking of one of the really good ones. Even when we're not perfect, He sees deep into our hears and knows very well what's there, and if he's related to Hickock, I'm sure he was a good guy inside. I also know (believe?) that if he was Hickock's son, he got exposed to faith. For God, I think this is enough.

How old was he?

JWFilips
03-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Boaz:
There are some strange numbers showing up in my life ( Our Life) "27 years" is a bad Date...So many friends so many grieveing parents... My Wife & I lived though it But we were lucky ( barely)....so many of the famous have gone this same road!
Why 27 years? Just wondering
Jim

TXGunNut
03-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Will keep Hickok and family in my thoughts and prayers.

Boaz
03-11-2016, 10:21 PM
Preacher Jim PM'd me earlier wanting to know if Hickok had a PayPal account so that we could show our concern and support , I had been thinking how we could also . I don't know if he does or not . Does anyone have an idea how we can support the family during this unbelievable hard time ? Distance makes it impossible for most of us to provide in person support . Hickok needs all the help he can get, in my opinion we must help .

gunshot98
03-12-2016, 12:39 AM
I can't imagine the loss you must be feeling, But i do know God feels your pain, and may He consume you and your family during this time. I will be lifting yall up during my morning quiet time Sir.

Wis. Tom
03-12-2016, 01:02 AM
My prayers to Hickok and his family.

fast ronnie
03-12-2016, 02:12 AM
God will never allow you to go through something you are not capable of dealing with with HIS help. Trust in Christ and he will perfect the work HE as begun in you. HE never fails even when we think we can't seem to get through to HIM. HE is right there, sometimes carrying us when the going gets really tough. May GOD comfort you with HIS perfect peace.

Boaz
03-12-2016, 07:16 AM
GOD please help Hickok and his family through this tragic time in their lives . I know it will take time Lord but be with them and comfort them. Stay close to them as they grieve their loss. Help them rebuild their lives as quickly as possible through you . Give them strength and will through your ability to heal . Show us how to help , involve us in your work , use us Lord . I ask in Jesus name . Amen

w5pv
03-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Condolences for your great loss,May God bless you and your family in this tragedy.

labradigger1
03-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Condolences Ken, truly sad for you loss.

Boaz
03-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Hickok pm'd me his PayPal info , It will be posted on a separate thread here in the Chapel. I hope everyone will support him and his family during this time of loss and grief . We can let them know we are thinking/praying for them. If you can't give try to send a pm via the forum for encouragement and better yet ......do both.

No_1
03-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Very sad news - Prayers sent.

Bodine
03-12-2016, 03:20 PM
I know the pain this family is going through, having gone through it myself. May god rest this family in his loving arms. Prayers on the way.

Boaz
03-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I agree Bodine, it's going to take them a long time to make their pain lessen. This cause needs much prayer . GOD can and will help, that I know. If we do our part it will speed up relief for them, I have seen it before.

Boaz
03-13-2016, 07:12 AM
I wish all of you could see what I am seeing and feel what I am feeling . I'm the one handing out Hickok's paypal link and collecting contributions by mail. I have said before this is not just a regular old forum. The response to help is awesome , many here are capable of caring . Money is tight and times are tough for many and I understand that . You can help by sending the Hickok family a pm with the link I put on the opening post of this thread and praying for their situation. I have received words of encouragement and caring from people all across this country that are concerned for a man they never met. I find it amazing and humbling that there are still so many good people out there in the times we are living in . Hickok and his family are in trial , your caring and good work will help them.
Thank you
Boaz

Lloyd Smale
03-13-2016, 08:34 AM
prayers said for him and the family.

StrawHat
03-14-2016, 07:20 AM
Prayers for the family.

Kevin

Windwalker 45acp
03-14-2016, 08:46 AM
It's in time's like this when we feel small... helpless, not sure what to say or even do, when I often remind myself how easy it is to humble ourselves when we've already been driven to our knee's by life. But, as Christians, we have the only method available to us that can make a difference, and that is to Pray and to show our Good Works by helping a friend and fellow brother out.

Prayers for you and the family Hickok, and if there is anything else that I can do, please don't hesitate to ask!

pmer
03-15-2016, 08:36 AM
It's a blessing to see the Castboolits community come together to help a member.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Boaz
03-15-2016, 01:04 PM
It's in time's like this when we feel small... helpless, not sure what to say or even do, when I often remind myself how easy it is to humble ourselves when we've already been driven to our knee's by life. But, as Christians, we have the only method available to us that can make a difference, and that is to Pray and to show our Good Works by helping a friend and fellow brother out.

Prayers for you and the family Hickok, and if there is anything else that I can do, please don't hesitate to ask!

Good post , read it several times .

yancey
03-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Prayers going out to Hickok and his Family.

Boaz
03-17-2016, 06:51 PM
It's only been 6 days since this tragic death happened . Lets continue to pray and support this family that has to rebuilt their lives . If you haven't sent a pm of condolence please do . If you can make a donation please do so, the cost of burying a loved one is a burden the family doesn't need with the loss at hand .