PDA

View Full Version : Atta Boy RCBS

Irascible
03-09-2016, 10:24 PM
I would just like to throw an "ATTA BOY" to RCBS. The older of my 2 RCBS Pro Melt furnaces started to become a drip master, which steadily got worse. I did all the usual cleaning, emptied the pot and used a propane torch on the nozzle to make sure it was empty of lead and brushed away in there. Anyway, I could not stop it. This furnace is some 30 years old now and cost me an outstanding $90! (Current list is $450....WOW). I called RCBS and talked to customer service about buying a new pot (the actual pot itself) and shut off rod. The fellow at RCBS said they were not allowed to sell parts direct, but he would warranty the unit, just send it in. I replied that could install the 4 pop rivets and 2 allan screws myself, if they would send me the parts. OK it will take a while to get a pot. Ha, a week later the parts arrived, including the pop rivets, and it's working just fine. Now there is an example of a great company doing right by there customers.

thadfz
03-09-2016, 10:55 PM
That's good to know. I chose RCBS for my reloading tools based on their history and popular "name". Hearing reports like this confirms I made a good choice.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim_P
03-11-2016, 10:20 PM
That's RCBS. I called and asked them how much it would cost to buy a new handle for my Rock Chucker II. The one I had was the type with the slip on (and off!) sleeve for a grip and not the ball. I wanted the Ball handle. Told me they'd just send me one under warranty. There was nothing wrong with the one I had - cept the sleeve slipped off all the time. But, they sent me a new one. No cost. Not even shipping....

Little while later I needed some other part I'd lost. They sent that one too. Free of charge again.

I only own one item that is not RCBS green! This is why.

GoBig
03-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Yup. Twice now I've emailed them looking to buy parts that I've misplaced, and told them as much, and they've sent the parts for free.

mold maker
03-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Customer service way above the norm is standard at RCBS. In 50+ years, I have never paid for a repair or replacement part from them.