PDA

View Full Version : north east bullets

sandman228
03-08-2016, 10:30 AM
I ended up with about 800 of these on a trade deal with a fellow reloader . I cant find them online anywhere ,I'm guessing the guy had them a very long time I recognized the price tag on the boxes and there from the most expensive shop in this area 1 of the 500 round boxes had a price of 15.95 the other 16.95 . I wish commercial cast bullets were still that cheap cause I wouldn't screw around making my own. anyhow there north east commercial cast 9mm .356 125 gr lrn bullet . I plan on loading them over 4.4 gr of unique (same load I use for my own cast 125 lrn bullets) .

Geezer in NH
03-08-2016, 11:15 AM
I remember buying them they were decent bullets I believe they were from Sanford ME. Have not seen them in a long time.

bedbugbilly
03-08-2016, 11:51 AM
I vaguely remember that name and I think it's because I bought a box of stuff at a gun show a few years back and there was a box in with all the other odds and ends - I needed part of an Arisaka bolt and there was one in the box. I think I gave the rest of the stuff away. Anyways . . . it would sure be nice if those prices of yesteryear were the same for today! LOL I have to wonder though . . . "north east bullets" . . . . . I wonder how they'd shoot down here in the "southwest"? :-)

Sounds like you got a good batch of 'em to load up and send down range! Enjoy!

Yodogsandman
03-08-2016, 05:46 PM
I still have some 230 gr RN, .452" boolits from them. Those prices were great, even back then!

Just found some left over .451", 185 gr SWC's, too.

Address:
P.O. Box 26
Northeastern Bullet Co.
E. Waterboro, Maine 04030
Tel: (207) 247-3243

guicksylver
03-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Used more than a few thousand of them, as did others, for IDPA and IPSC.

Good boolits , hard, lousy lube but cheap and accurate enough.

Still have some for 9mm, .45 acp and .45 Colt.

If I remember correctly it was a family business, they ran into trouble with getting shipments out, getting enough lead and the EPA.

I think they went out of business about 7-10 yrs ago.

O-o-o Ya I used those and won the MA state IDPA Championship in my class, so I guess they worked.

shooter93
03-08-2016, 07:34 PM
They are out of business for quite some time. They were common here and they were the typical "store bought " cast bullets of their day. A bit to hard and a lube chosen for shipping. They did work adequately for plinking etc.