PDA

View Full Version : I experiencing a sin ........but I think it's ok

Boaz
03-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Look at the prayer and caring coming from this Chapel . See how many yield to pray for our Lords intervention in someones life , even to save that life though they have never met .
Good people asking others they don't even know to pray for them or one they love . Good people asking for advice or prayer in their relationship with GOD or themselves. Strangers willing to comfort another although they will most likely never meet in person. All because Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior . It is the way it should be .

Pride is a sin but I can't help feeling proud I can be one of you .
Thank you

rl69
03-08-2016, 07:39 AM
I think todays verse of the day fits in the chapel very well, maybe it should be put above the door

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NLT (https://www.biblegateway.com/button/votd/bcv)

NC_JEFF
03-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Thanks for posting this Boaz, we should all praying for others, even strangers.

WRideout
03-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Look at the prayer and caring coming from this Chapel . See how many yield to pray for our Lords intervention in someones life , even to save that life though they have never met .
Good people asking others they don't even know to pray for them or one they love . Good people asking for advice or prayer in their relationship with GOD or themselves. Strangers willing to comfort another although they will most likely never meet in person. All because Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior . It is the way it should be .

Pride is a sin but I can't help feeling proud I can be one of you .
Thank you

It's only a sin if you start believing that you are in charge of things. I am very humbled by the fellowship of this group.

Wayne

Blackwater
03-08-2016, 08:53 PM
It's just what Christ told us to do. Nothing more or less. We merit no special laurels when we're just doing what we're supposed to do. That's my take on it, anyway. And for me, it's humbling just to be ABLE to ask for blessings for someone else who'll but be humble enough and earnest enough to ask for them. How could any of us refuse? If we did, wouldn't that make us something other than truly Christian?

I think we all here get a blessing from being able to pray for others, and it's certainly humbling to be asking on behalf of someone else rather than ourselves, since we're ALL in the same boat. Prayer unites people. It's blame and "accountability" that separates us.

Yes, I beleive there is a time for causation to be dealt with, but it's not in prayer. Prayer is supposed to be for ALL of us since we're ALL sinners. And yes, some of us are more frequent and flagrant than others, but that doesn't make a single one of us "better" than another.

Sin is sin, and we've all sinned, and come short of the glory of God, so we all merit destruction. Only in Christ do we find our salvation - the only and almost surely last best chance for Humanity to redeem itself, simply by being humble enough, and graceful enough, and honest enough, to humble ourselves before our Redeemer, who so freely gave himself on the alter in our stead.

Who amongst us doesn't get a bit of a lump in our throats when we think of that? And yet, in this fast paced modern world we live in, who among us can keep that in mind through even one single day? I've yet to meet my first one. And even if I did, I'm sure they'd say that they were "chief among sinners," just like St. Peter did. If HE said that ..... well, how much more humbled could we "moderns" get????

Boaz
03-09-2016, 07:08 PM
It's a truly amazing thing to see the members here praying for each other , family , friends or just another person in general . Members asking for prayer for personal problems , enlightenment , encouragement , healing , the terminally ill , comfort for those who lost family or friends and .......well..........anything that requires prayer in their life which is everything . I'll pray for a sick pet knowing that it's part of someone's life that loves it.

I have seen members here rally in emergency situations to provide prayer . There are good folks here ready to help and that is rare today . I thank you the inspiration you provide me . Thank you !

Hogtamer
03-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Hebrews 10: 19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Phillipians 4: 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
A virtual new testament church! Thank you all for your faithfulness.

Boaz
03-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Good scripture Hogtamer !

Ken in Iowa
03-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Humility is always good to bring in the face of sin.

Without the sacrifice of Lord Jesus, there would be no Chapel. Good post hogtamer, virtual church indeed!

Saved by grace
Ken

buckwheatpaul
03-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Boaz, I'm not so sure that your pride is a sin as much as God led you to step forward and take the helm....like when He motivated Moses to take the lead of His people. In any way I for one am proud of you, our Cast Boolits Family, and all the men and women that stop their busy day to pray and minister to those that need our help....Keep charging ahead and God will keep you on the right path of service to Him. Paul

Blackwater
03-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Boaz, it's never a sin to step forward and volunteer, and even if there may have been someone else who'd have (at least theoretically) been "better" at it, YOU were the one who had the strength of purpose to forge ahead and THAT, sir, means more than "potential" ever could. You took the helm and I can see nothing but kudos coming to you from God. And BTW, I've seen 2nd raters defeat 1st string guys many times in my life, and it seems clear that motivation and humility have always been the strongest reasons for their successes. Knowing we're flawed keeps us more circumspect, and keeps us searching for someone who can do what is needed and is simply WILLING to give it a go. Guys like you, in doing what you've done here, are one of our greatest assets in many phases of our lives, so get over any thoughts of "pridefulness" abou this, and recognize it for what it is - simply an expression of your compliance with His will, and not your own.

In English, we have only one word, "pride," to describe several very different things. Other languages have more than one to distinguish the different types of what we collectively lump under the word "pride." Hubris is the evil type of pride - the type that destroys - and is basically just unbounded and unrestrained pridefulness in our own selves.

Then there's the type that we feel when we've done a good job, and exceeded our expectations - the type that's tempered and bounded by a real appreciation for our weaknesses, and by a real sense of humility. And yet, we use one single word, "pride," to describe them both, even though one is as far from the other in actuality as the east is from the west.

So your concern that you may be becoming prideful is, I think, rather premature and misplaced, but it's always good to keep a serious watch out for hubris's raising its ugly head in our lives. So don't worry about it in this case, but always keep your antenae up and keep paying attention. None of us is immune from falling into all sorts of error. That's why He gave us the Bible to be our keel in life, so that we can avoid, if we'll just use it well, the reefs and shoals that threaten to wreck our ship we're sailing in this life.

You deserve nothing but commendation for what you're doing here, and I for one thank you greatly for it.

Boaz
03-15-2016, 12:20 PM
I truly thank you all for the encouragement and praise but no , I am full of pride . Figured that out a while back. I will tell the story soon if I ever get the time .