PDA

View Full Version : Another Toy

Scrounger
05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I keep trying to cut back but guns continue to throw themselves at me pleading for me to take them home. I wish I had had that effect on women... Latest adoptee is a S&W Model .22A in .22LR. Cute, practical, and cheap, my favorite virtues. I think what kept me from saying,"no", to it was the fact it comes with a built-in scope/etc mount on it. If I want to put a scope or a Red Dot sight on it, the work is already done. (Did I mention I'm lazy too?) Cost was $229 NIB shipped from a dealer on Gunbroker.

MT Gianni
05-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I think you will like that one Art. I have one I paid $199 for a few years ago new and I was ringing a 12" gong with it 8 shots out of 10 @100 yards off hand to the amazement of my nephews. Try Win Dynapoints if available. Gianni

Sprue
05-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I hope they have made improvements to the finish. If not, it will flake. Did you get and extra buffer with it? If you shoot it a good bit you might think about a spare buffer.

All in all a decent shooter for the money. I wish I had opted for the 22S back then.

Keep in mind that I bought mine used, so who is to say how the previous owner treated it.

Hope you got room for it :-D

Scrounger
05-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Yes, there was a little yellow gadget with it, is that the buffer? I hope there are instructions on putting it in.... Any info from you appreciated. Not that I am likely to shoot it a lot.... I didn't expect a lot for the price, it'll no doubt last as long as I will, and I don't think guns are allowed in Heaven anyway. Should probably check with Lucifer about that other retirement home...

hotwheelz
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
DId it come with the barrell plug? If not DON NOT DRY FIRE THIS GUN EVER!!!! When I first got it shooting it at a match S.O.P. is to show clear , slide forward , hammer down to make sure its empty well the second time I did that broke the firing pin sent it back to S&W they fixed it and sent it back with a orange barrell plug say never dry fire . They are great fun I put a 40mm red dot mine.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/hotwheelz-1/Picture197.jpg

the plug
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/hotwheelz-1/Picture198.jpg

I too found a little something to bring home this week S&W P.C. 629 v-comp noy quite as cheap as your 22a but should be as much fun

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/hotwheelz-1/Picture194.jpg

PatMarlin
05-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Those are some hot lookin' 22's ....:drinks:

snowwolfe
05-03-2008, 01:47 AM
This must be the week for semi .22's. I just added a S&W 41 with the 5 inch barrel, Walther P22, Browning Buck Mark Target and the same S&W you picked up. SPortsman Warehouse had em on sale for about $200.
So far the P22 seems to be the most fun to plink and shoot cans with.

trickyasafox
05-03-2008, 03:32 AM
my dad has one- has to be older now- maybe from 2000? there abouts anyway.

Shoots well- his only likes federals (never had dynapoints around me to try) magazines are expensive, but I really like the mag release.

we've dry fired ours a good bit with no ill effects? maybe we are tempting fate. I'll dig out the book.