PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro 1000

drmajor
05-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I bought a Used Lee Pro 1000 and have a few questions.

1. There is a "V" shaped wire that is attached to the case carrier that seems to do nothing. It comes from the carrier in the front near the front verticle support. Anyone have an idea what this does or how it is supposed to work?

2. Where can I find a good exploded view and parts listing? I looked on the Lee site and came up empty.

Marc2
05-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Is that an older machine? The primer disposal notch is different than the ones on the newer 1000s. Almost looks like a ram from a Turret press. I think Lee use to make a progressive upgrade for one of their presses. Not saying that is what you have but that wire thing was not provided with any of the 1000s I bought from Midway in the previous three or four years.
Go to Lees website, click on Instructions, then on Pro 1000. It doesnt have exploded views but has some pictures and lists all the part numbers. If all else fails, send the pic to Lees email and ask them to identify. They have been good about getting back to me with info.

Good luck,

Marc

dragonrider
05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
That device stops the primer feed if no case is present.

drmajor
05-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Dragon,
how does it stop the feed?

Is it supposed to be up or down[like shown]?

thanks.

Shotgun Luckey
06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Are you talking about the large piece (about 1/8 inch dia) and 2" long? that piece isn't on my Lee Pro 1000

dragonrider
06-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I am sorry I missed this post since the last time I posted here, I just went to look at my Lee's and that device ain't there anymore, I used to have three presses, sold the one with the device in question, that was years ago. Looked at my instruction sheet and although it is in the picture the device is not mentioned, so here goes from memory, My initial statement was wrong by the way, the early 1000's had a different ram, different in that the spent primer slot was not in the same place as they are now, this device would slide into the slot in the ram and hold the spent primer from dropping out until the ram was lowered and the device was moved to the side as it hit the base of the press thus releasing the spent primer and allowing it to drop into the base of the press, I actually wish the presses I have now still had it because it worked better than the present arrangement. Hope this helps you. Again sorry I did not get back to you sooner.