PDA

View Full Version : How about a BFR in .357 Maximum?

Captain O
03-03-2016, 11:56 PM
We all know that the BFR can handle the 500 S&W and other "higher pressure" cartridges (rifle cartridges and the like). This seems reasonable to me.

Would it be too much to expect IMI to chamber the BFR in .357 Remington Maximum? It seems quite reasonable for them to create a 12" barreled .357 Remington Maximum for hunting larger game without the recoil of the larger bore cartridges. If not, why not?

Opinions? :idea:

shoot-n-lead
03-04-2016, 12:10 AM
Probably not enough demand...brass too hard to come by.

But, I do love the maxi.

Dpmsman
03-04-2016, 12:33 AM
It would have to be a custom shop venture. I talked to them the other day and sales were down last year so they are dropping a lot of calibers. That would be a sweet gun I wish someone would make the max again.

Captain O
03-04-2016, 01:01 AM
It seems that everyone "loves" the .357 Remington Maximum, but no one wants to "shell out the shekels" to make such an outstanding handgun a reality.

As it has been said in an old number by Fats Domino... "Ain't that a shame". :( :mad:

shoot-n-lead
03-04-2016, 01:06 AM
It seems that everyone "loves" the .357 Remington Maximum, but no one wants to "shell out the shekels" to make such an outstanding handgun a reality.

As it has been said in an old number by Fats Domino... "Ain't that a shame". :( :mad:

I love the maxi...but I prefer my T/C...not a revolver...so I ain't "shelling out the shekels" for a Ruger, Dan Wesson, BFR or whatever.

Whiterabbit
03-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Probably anyone interested ends up with a 30-30 BFR. When you have 3" of cylinder to work with, why limit yourself to short cartridges?

I imagine a 357max BFR could push a 250 grain bullet to 1500 fps with ease, if not faster.

Captain O
03-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Probably anyone interested ends up with a 30-30 BFR. When you have 3" of cylinder to work with, why limit yourself to short cartridges?

I imagine a 357max BFR could push a 250 grain bullet to 1500 fps with ease, if not faster.

Bingo! We have a winner! (No more entries please). ;)

44man
03-05-2016, 04:53 PM
IMI does not make the guns and do not even make the Desert Eagle any more for the states, they are made here.
The sales decreased when Kahr Arms bought them and reduced choices. Now they seem to have changed barrel twists for some guns. Badger was bought out and now they will use Green Mountain, good products but to change twists will also be ruination. To even think of changing what worked is a road down to the mud flats. Why in the world change a .44 in a 5" barrel from 1 in 16" to 1 in 26"? No more sold is where it heads.
I have a few friends at MR so I fear they might be out of work and MR will fade into the dustbin of corporate greed.
As much as I love the BFR's I am afraid, very much so.