PDA

View Full Version : Poured my first 200 with the new pot

drklynoon
03-03-2016, 11:42 PM
After work, I decided to heat up my new RCBS Pro-melt. I have been a dipper until this point and only bottom poured when I was at my Dad's place. I also replaced my 200gr. lee .452 SWC 2 cav with a new 6 cavity and decided it would be the first mold with the new pot. Everything went great. It took a while to get my heat right in the mold but once I did, it rained good bullets. I went through about a whole pot and ended up with about 250 good ones. I tried going slower, holding my lead in the mold longer, pouring fast or slow, and a host of other things. In the end, the best results came from a slow or small pour but a fast process. For those of you considering which pot to get, I waited until I was able to get a scratch and dent from midway for $280 and it is totally worth it. No drips and it pours consistently. I am really happy with this pot and would recommend it to anyone else. Of course that is after 4-5 years of dipping so you can appreciate it properly ;-)

VHoward
03-04-2016, 12:32 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?275219-RCBS-Pro-Melt-Upgrades
Congratulations! Nice pots are well worth it to me also. An upgrade I found worth it is the shelf kit offered by OpenNRG in the thread I linked to. gives relief during casting marathons.

LenH
03-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Well worth the money, it really helps with a monster H&G 8 cavity mold.