PDA

View Full Version : Texas to consider longer white tail season

popper
03-03-2016, 09:44 PM
TPWL is taking comments.

wmitty
03-04-2016, 07:40 AM
It always seemed to me that another week or so into January would make sense. The start in early November could be pushed back a little, as far as I'm concerned. It's still so warm on opening weekend I have no interest in hunting. How the bow hunters stand to hunt in the early October heat is beyond my comprehension!

Wayne Dobbs
03-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Since the MLD/LAMPS (whatever the correct term is!) starts in September and goes to the end of February, I don't see a reason why not to do so. Obviously needs to be looked at hard.

popper
03-04-2016, 01:58 PM
http://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feedback/public_comment/proposals/201603_statewide_hunting_deer.phtml

TXGunNut
03-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the link, Popper. I think all proposals are well-thought-out and support all though most will not affect my hunting. Thanks for the link.

Markbo
03-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Uh oh.... I may have to get a muzzleoader! :D

Ural Driver
03-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Thanks for that link.

SSGOldfart
03-06-2016, 01:40 PM
It always seemed to me that another week or so into January would make sense. The start in early November could be pushed back a little, as far as I'm concerned. It's still so warm on opening weekend I have no interest in hunting. How the bow hunters stand to hunt in the early October heat is beyond my comprehension!

The heat is just another challenge,but those 100 degree days make it harder for sure,I'd like to see muzzleloader season extended myself,I guess my Rifle hunting days or over,I'll still get out with a hand gun when I can.

SSGOldfart
03-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Uh oh.... I may have.to vet a muzzle.loader! :D

Most muzzleloader counties only allow does and spike, It a heart breaker to have a large buck dead in your sights,only to have to pass for a spike.
The way I see it,most land owners & outfitts want a longer season so they can sell more hunts! All about the dollar:-(

Markbo
03-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Most landowners are not selling hunts. Most landowners lease their property on a cost per gun for the season. Of course that is not a rule, just the most common. The good news on leases is that the landowners are usually not too restrictive on varmints, including hogs. Everyone I have been on has been a "kill every one you see" permission.

TXGunNut
03-07-2016, 12:20 AM
Uh oh.... I may have to get a muzzleoader! :D

Got one, just need some motivation to hunt with it. Sure is a hoot to play with on the range.