PDA

View Full Version : New Sights

zachskids
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey guys

I've got a nice new Ruger Super Blackhawk and I need to know if anyone knows who sells ghost rings or Tritium for them. I have the loads down i just want something i can use for a little more accuracy and visibility for my soory eyes.

slughammer
05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Have you considered adding a 3/32" gold dot to the existing sight? Might be all you need to make that front sight stand out some. In addition to the gold dot, you may need to open the rear sight notch slightly to allow some light around both sides. Maybe up to 5/32 max for a 1/8" front. Don't want to over do it, you'll loose accuracy if you go to far.

It all depends on what your eyes like and the only way to find out is to try out some different things. The gold dots go back to at least the 1930's and probably farther. The Ruger rear blades are cheap enough and simple enough that you can experiment or make your own if you are inclined. One other option is to upgrade the rear with an aftermarket assy. but my first recommendation is a gold dot up front.

nicholst55
05-01-2008, 08:33 PM
A company called One Ragged Hole makes an apeture blade for the Ruger rear sight; Brownells at least used to carry them.

Dale53
05-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Being stuck with bad vision ( I was extremely near-sighted for most of my life, then added cataracts and glaucoma:confused:) so I have added Red Dots to a number of my revolvers. Lord have Mercy! I can see again! It has made a WORLD of difference.

It is definitely not traditional, but, you know what, I couldn't care less:mrgreen:.

It is great to hold well and get rewarded with a good hit (again).

Dale53

crabo
05-02-2008, 12:23 AM
I'd go with a fiber optic front. I have put them on 3 of my pistols. I have a gold bead on my PC 44 and I don't think it shows up like a fiberoptic. Yes you have to have light for the fiberoptic to work, but then if you don't have light, you won't see a gold bead either.

CRabo