PDA

View Full Version : Good Guy Report: Rockshooter...

Idaho Sharpshooter
03-02-2016, 09:11 PM
as most of you know, I have been trying to ease my way into powder coating.

Rockshooter lives nearby, and offered to give me a short, hands on tutorial.

I drove over to his house this morning, and he walked me thru the process.

Yes, it is simple, but seeing is better than reading about it.

To make things better, my sample four-pack came from Smoke4320.

In the morning I start, busy cleaning all of the lube out of my Lyman 450's and sizing dies.

thanks,

Rich

dahermit
03-02-2016, 10:43 PM
In the morning I start, busy cleaning all of the lube out of my Lyman 450's and sizing dies.

Why? I just left the Alox 50/50 in mine and sized the powder coated bullets anyway...unless you pressurize the lube reservoir, the lube in the machine and dies does not seem to get on the bullets or do any harm.

BILLYBOB44
03-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Why? I just left the Alox 50/50 in mine and sized the powder coated bullets anyway...unless you pressurize the lube reservoir, the lube in the machine and dies does not seem to get on the bullets or do any harm.

^^^+1, Yea, I just heated my 450 slightly, and removed the Jakes Red lube from around the size die/nut area.
You should go ahead+remove the rods that raise the projectile back up out of the die, and just push the sized bullet all the way through..
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?298564-Lyman-450-lube-sizer-push-through-chute
^^^ This works well+is a GREAT add on from cigarman454..Bill.

PS: You DO need to clean your size dies (In VERY hot water) and remove the center rod from the size dies. Just re-install the size die, without the center rod, and pass-through the bullets..

Idaho Sharpshooter
03-03-2016, 12:34 AM
Great idea! That will save a lot of time cleaning the lube out.

RP
03-03-2016, 01:49 AM
Did the same just cleaned the die and left the lube in the sizer also use the push threw way and the chute LOVE THE CHUTE.