PDA

View Full Version : Help identify revolver grip

ppswed
03-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Hi,
Recently I purchased a set of Nill grips that I thought should fit a S&W k-frame SB, but when I tried it on my smith it didn't fit.
The top set in the included picture is the unknown grip and the bottom one is a real k-frame SB grip.
Any ideas on which gun the grips will fit so that I can sell them on?

KA0811
03-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Looks more like a RB grip to me. Would be easier to tell with the frame in the picture. Do you have any other revolvers to try?

ppswed
03-02-2016, 04:31 PM
It's definitely not a RB grip. I've also tried it on a Taurus 76 and I think a friend tried it on his Colt Python but I'm not 100% sure.
The SB frame is very close in shape, but the hole for the screw and the locator pin is different.
Could it be a j-frame or a Rossi. Rossis are very rare here in Sweden so it would be difficult to test.

KA0811
03-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Hmm. Looking at how's it's shaped I wouldn't think a SB unless maybe one of the older rounded j frame square butts. It may be a Taurus or Rossi I don't have experience with revolvers other than s&w and Colt detectives. Sorry. Is it possible to measure it and compare to some frame specs online?

Walkingwolf
03-02-2016, 09:28 PM
It's definitely not a RB grip. I've also tried it on a Taurus 76 and I think a friend tried it on his Colt Python but I'm not 100% sure.
The SB frame is very close in shape, but the hole for the screw and the locator pin is different.
Could it be a j-frame or a Rossi. Rossis are very rare here in Sweden so it would be difficult to test.

Older Taurus the pin was located different from current models.