PDA

View Full Version : BPCR cartridge loading primer

rfd
03-02-2016, 09:00 AM
i hope this online document may be of some service to folks wanting to enter the bpcr game, or those just starting. it includes examples of components and tooling for bpcr cartridge building, methods and procedures of cartridge loading, and bullet casting tooling and components and the casting process. images and videos are included.

this document is NOT "gospel" or "bible", nor is it all inclusive of every tool, component and loading/casting methodology. it attempts to depict some of the vast many basics, no more or less. i built this to encourage users and lovers of historic and replica 19th century cartridge rifles to better enjoy these rifles as they were used back in the day, for hunting, competition, warfare and survival.

BPCR Primer (http://www.buffalorifles.org/bpcr.html)

smoked turkey
03-02-2016, 03:45 PM
I just got in from some outside work and while waiting for lunch to finalize I wanted to do a quick check out of what is new here on Cast Boolits. I was excited to see this thread on BPCR. Looks to be full of good information. I will be studying it later on this evening. Thanks for the information and for taking the time to "put pen to paper" so to speak on this wonderful subject.

M-Tecs
03-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Hadn't seen this one. Nice info. Thanks!!!!!!!!